ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

card date expired next year june

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askim3646
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

card date expired next year june

Post by askim3646 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:19 pm

I have a question for you, the brd card I have is pre-settle but I bought settle 4 years ago, the date of this expires in June next year, do I need to renew my card in June, the system already shows settle.thanks

kamoe
European Union

Re: card date expired next year june

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:23 am

askim3646 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:19 pm
I have a question for you, the brd card I have is pre-settle but I bought settle 4 years ago, the date of this expires in June next year, do I need to renew my card in June, the system already shows settle.thanks
There is no legal obligation for you to have a physical card showing your updated status.

For traveling, it really doesn't matter if your card says pre-settled or settled, the brp will be accepted, what matters is that you have a valid status on the date of travel.

For domestic processes, like proving your right to rent, live, and work, the digital code should suffice. I say "should", as you never know, and you might want a physical backup, just in case, which takes us to the last point...

... which is, for your own reasons, you might want a card that says "Settled status" on it, and you can of course apply for it. It is up to you. Mind you, I believe all new brp will have an expiration date of December 2024 (it does not mean that the status expires, it's just that the physical cards are being phased out), so it might or might not be worth it.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

askim3646
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by askim3646 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:26 pm

I have another question, I have a valid brd card at this time, I applied for a new one, the old card is valid until the new card arrives, isn't it?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:10 am

askim3646 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:26 pm
I have another question, I have a valid brd card at this time, I applied for a new one, the old card is valid until the new card arrives, isn't it?
Correct
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

askim3646
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by askim3646 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:21 pm

I Have pre settle brc card my statue settle need upgrade card which one need tick

Select what you are applying for:
(Required)

To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme

To change from a pre-settled to a settled BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme