ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Form Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Guggi

Naturalisation Form Questions

Post by Guggi » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Hello Everyone
Hope everyone is doing well, I have few questions as i am filling AN form for naturalisation. I am not sure they have been discussed before if they have pls guide accordingly

I have received my ILR last year on 18-Sept-2022 after 5 years completion of Tier1. So i do qualify to apply on 19th Sept 2023?

As i need to be UK on first day 5 years back to qualify on 18th sept 2018. I left UK on 20th Sept 2018 as my father passed away and i returned after 1 and half months.

My questions are
1.Is the date of application submitted online is considered or date of biometrics?

2.Previously applications. Do i need to supply all previous application T1 - T1E and ILR leading to naturalisation or i need to go back all the way back in 2010 when i applied for student visa outside uk?

3.Proof of living in UK. i have less than 540 days in my 5 years period but it says utility bills and bank statements do not count. Do i need to supply all stamped passport pages to fulfil this criteria or i do still attached letters with my name on them.

4. Add other applicant . As me and my wife both qualify. Can i add her in same application or both applications will be separate ?

Many thanks in advance

Guggi

Re: Naturalisation Form Questions

Post by Guggi » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Does question refers to Citizenship application made in uk or aboard or any applications in general ?

Can i use same UK NARIC certificate (UK naric old name) i used for ILR?

Thanks again

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Guggi wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:03 pm
Hello Everyone
Hope everyone is doing well, I have few questions as i am filling AN form for naturalisation. I am not sure they have been discussed before if they have pls guide accordingly

I have received my ILR last year on 18-Sept-2022 after 5 years completion of Tier1. So i do qualify to apply on 19th Sept 2023? You qualify from the 18th of September. 19th is safer.

As i need to be UK on first day 5 years back to qualify on 18th sept 2018. I left UK on 20th Sept 2018 as my father passed away and i returned after 1 and half months.

My questions are
1.Is the date of application submitted online is considered or date of biometrics? Date of submission

2.Previously applications. Do i need to supply all previous application T1 - T1E and ILR leading to naturalisation or i need to go back all the way back in 2010 when i applied for student visa outside uk? No

3.Proof of living in UK. i have less than 540 days in my 5 years period but it says utility bills and bank statements do not count. Do i need to supply all stamped passport pages to fulfil this criteria or i do still attached letters with my name on them. Passport for the last 5 years is fine.

4. Add other applicant . As me and my wife both qualify. Can i add her in same application or both applications will be separate ? Everyone should have their independent applications. No concept of joint application.

Many thanks in advance
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:17 pm

Thank you so much for all the answers.
and i can use previously satisfied "UK NARIC" certificate

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:29 am

Guggi wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:17 pm
Thank you so much for all the answers.
and i can use previously satisfied "UK NARIC" certificate
Yes you can.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Many thanks everyone for the answers.

I have now filled the form and at the end i has asked to print forms for reference which i have

1.Will they be scanned and uploaded i do not understand if we dont have to send them why glue and write names at the back of pictures

2. Is there any declaration form i need to sign and scan as well. As i have completed the form myself i do not see it but solicitors used to get them signed with my previous applications.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:15 pm

Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:09 pm
Many thanks everyone for the answers.

I have now filled the form and at the end i has asked to print forms for reference which i have

1.Will they be scanned and uploaded i do not understand if we dont have to send them why glue and write names at the back of pictures
Ignore - this goes back to the paper days. You scan and upload.
2. Is there any declaration form i need to sign and scan as well. As i have completed the form myself i do not see it but solicitors used to get them signed with my previous applications.if there’s a declaration form it should be listed at the end with documents required. if not then none to sign.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:45 pm

Is it okay to scan entire passport showing travel history with mobile using camscanner ?

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:16 pm

Me and my wife both will be submitting our applications on same date separately. Can our reference be the same ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:24 pm

Guggi wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:45 pm
Is it okay to scan entire passport showing travel history with mobile using camscanner ?
Yes.
Guggi wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:16 pm
Me and my wife both will be submitting our applications on same date separately. Can our reference be the same ?
You can add her to your application and use the same referees. There is no requirement to submit separate applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:26 pm

CR001

Many thanks if you see my intial question Point 4 was, can me and her both apply on same application? but i received NO has answer on the forum.

4. Add other applicant . As me and my wife both qualify. Can i add her in same application or both applications will be separate ? Everyone should have their independent applications. No concept of joint application.

She qualify on 16th and me on 18th .. can we submit a joint application on 19th ?

Also do i need to scan all pages of passport even if they r empty or just with stamps ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:30 pm

Many thanks if you see my intial question Point 4 was, can me and her both apply on same application? but i received NO has answer on the forum.
You can add her to your form, but her application is independent of yours and will be assessed separately. There is no 'family/joint' application, the form merely allows you to add your dependents to your application and it creates two within one form. For example, you can apply on one form by adding her to yours and one of you could be approved and the other refused, or both refused or both approved. Citizenship is an individual process.
Also do i need to scan all pages of passport even if they r empty or just with stamps ?
Stamped and biometric pages only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Many Thanks

Does adding a cover letter makes any difference in the application. There are only few things that i need to address Eg Travel to different countries during one single trip outside uk. Is there any link for sample Cover letter

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:53 pm

Cover letters are not required. Not sure what needs to be explained about your travels, UKVI only needs to know your absence numbers. But you’re free to add additional notes, but there’s no standard format.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:49 pm

Guggi wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:44 pm
Many Thanks

Does adding a cover letter makes any difference in the application. There are only few things that i need to address Eg Travel to different countries during one single trip outside uk. Is there any link for sample Cover letter
There is no sample of cover letter. This is written as per what requires further clarifications as deemed fit by the applicant. So write it as per the things you need to address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:59 pm

Guggi wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:44 pm
Many Thanks

UKVI don't care how many countries you visited on one single trip out of the UK. They only care about the absence days per trip. There is nothing that you need to explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:25 pm

Hello Everyone AND CR001

Hope everyone is doing well, Ive submitted my form and biometrics for Naturalisation.
I had previously asked this question in my first thread and was told i dont need to provide previous applications made for ILR or Tier 1 Ent.

Previous applications. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or Abroad - this includes applications for asylum in UK.

- Do i need to supply all previous application T1 - T1E and ILR leading to naturalisation
- Would i have to mention my applications that go back all the way to 2010 when i applied for student visa outside uk?

I hope i have not made a major mistake and this is fine, but if this is a major mistake what should i do now?
A friend is doing his application and said it should be yes and should mention all previous applications.

Many thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:34 pm

The questions asks for "any" applications, meaning all, that is leave applications up to ILR (not visitor visas).
If you haven't had the bio appointment you could summarise everything in a covering note and ask UKVCAS to upload it to your documents.
Otherwise send an email to the email addresses here: british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594 providing the details you have/or can remember, it's not a deal breaker, and not the first time applicants have misinterpreted the requirement. The principle is you answer all questions, irrespective of what others tell you, unless the question is clearly marked optional. Make sure you quote your personal details and references.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:05 pm

Many thanks for the information.
I hope this will not delay the process.
Can some one suggest if its a good idea but i can post this information to UKVI / Home office and which address to use.

With emails i am not sure if they will even entertain or if its lost . Any idea if they reply to such requests over the email?

Really stressed. kindly help

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:19 pm

If UKVi want to contact you they use email. When they send their approvals they use email! So why not use email yourself. Paper mail is often processed slower than online.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:01 am

I have send them information and explanation on the email addresses shared yesterday
Hopefully i get some positive response. for now i have just received standard auto response for now.