ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Priority got revised to Standard

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naga2005
Newly Registered
India

ILR Priority got revised to Standard

Post by naga2005 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:54 pm

Hi Team,

My wife has attended the biometrics appointment for ILR and the application has been submitted on August 17th. This was a priority application.
On 22nd August, i received an email from UKVI requesting for some more documentation on co habitation and also informing "Although we would normally decide your application within 5 working days from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."
As the application is not being treated now as priority, does this mean we can claim for the priority visa charge i had paid?

Also after sending the documents they requested for cohabitation on 25th August, i got no receipt of the documents, just an auto reply? Should I simply consider it done from my end?

Thanks,
Naga

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Priority got revised to Standard

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:00 pm

There are no service guarantees. You also get no confirmation when sending the documents requested.

When the UKVI informs you that a priority decision cannot be made, you do not get a refund as per their policy: Immigration and nationality refunds policy
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

naga2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by naga2005 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:11 pm

I wish I had read this earlier. I just spent money for nothing. Never mind, thanks Zimba.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:42 pm

I am also in same boat now but looking at similar cases normally they process from next day to 2-3 weeks. So just luck when they pickup may be after 10 working days considering deadline given to submit additional documents. But hope it's not in pure standard. As they mentioned in email "Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible." So hope it won't be delayed much.

naga2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by naga2005 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:00 pm

You got me some high hopes. Thank you

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:33 pm

naga2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:54 pm
Hi Team,

My wife has attended the biometrics appointment for ILR and the application has been submitted on August 17th. This was a priority application.
On 22nd August, i received an email from UKVI requesting for some more documentation on co habitation and also informing "Although we would normally decide your application within 5 working days from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."
As the application is not being treated now as priority, does this mean we can claim for the priority visa charge i had paid?

Also after sending the documents they requested for cohabitation on 25th August, i got no receipt of the documents, just an auto reply? Should I simply consider it done from my end?

Thanks,
Naga
What co habitation documents did you miss?

Did you not submit letters with both of youur names?

naga2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by naga2005 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:48 pm

Nope, i had not provided the co habitation related documents, as that was not part of the checklist they provided. Those were already provided when I had the dependant visa submitted. I'm not sure why they need to relook for the co-habitation within 5 years again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:31 pm

naga2005 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:48 pm
Nope, i had not provided the co habitation related documents, as that was not part of the checklist they provided. Those were already provided when I had the dependant visa submitted. I'm not sure why they need to relook for the co-habitation within 5 years again.
Its to prove subsisting relationship , as stated in the immigrarion rules.

It is the applicants responsibility to ensure they meet the rules and submit what is required. UKVI set the rules and can ask for what anything.

The checklists are generic, you should always read the guidance notes and check the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:59 pm

naga2005 wrote:
What do you mean by cohabitation documents?

In the checklist they ask for letters addressrd to you both. What do you mean it was not in checklist?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:33 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:59 pm
naga2005 wrote:

In the checklist they ask for letters addressrd to you both. What do you mean it was not in checklist?
Form Set(O), which the OP probably applied on, does not state this in the checklist. You applied on SET(M), which is a different route. Checklists are specific to the route applied under but the checklists are also generally generic and not a true reflection of the immigration rules etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naga2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by naga2005 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:25 pm

Co habitation documents are generally to prove that the relationship is real by providing joint account statements or the joint utility bills.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:33 pm
indian89 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:59 pm
naga2005 wrote:

Form Set(O), which the OP probably applied on, does not state this in the checklist. You applied on SET(M), which is a different route. Checklists are specific to the route applied under but the checklists are also generally generic and not a true reflection of the immigration rules etc.
ah I though OP did SET(M) too.

Regarding what you say about checklists, should I provide pictures of us from last 2 years then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:07 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:34 pm
Regarding what you say about checklists, should I provide pictures of us from last 2 years then?
Can you please ask your questions in your own topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naga2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by naga2005 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:38 pm

We received an email yesterday that the application was successful. It was about 2 weeks from the day of submitting the additional documents.
Thanks a lot guys for your support.