ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing stamp of arrival in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

positiveme
United Kingdom

Missing stamp of arrival in the UK

Post by positiveme » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:04 am

Hi all

We are completing the AN form online for naturalisation and realised that our passports have arrival in the uk stamp missing for our last year's holiday outside the UK.

My partner is a homemaker and doesn't have any government document or employer who can give any letter to prove that my partner came back and have full 5 years history of living in the UK.

We can provide, eticket issued by the airline, taxi booking confirmation who picked us from Heathrow to our home and departure stamp from the country we visited.

Please advise what can or should we do and what documents or text we can provide for our application.

Many thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Missing stamp of arrival in the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:15 pm

This shouldn't be an issue.
You do not have to provide proof of every absence.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:49 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:15 pm
This shouldn't be an issue.
You do not have to provide proof of every absence.
Thank you for your response. In the required documentation, they are asking for Proof of living in the UK for 5 years and suggesting "If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof. Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK."

They are accepting the stamps as valid time spent outside, thus legal stay in the UK but for year 2022, since there is no stamp of arrival, how do we prove that we were back and not over stayed or something.

I am little worried about it so any helpful inputs are much appreciated please.

Many Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:57 pm

This instruction is primarily for EU citizens who never got stamped in.
How long were you away on holidays?
Clearly if you want to attach additional documents you can of course. A few weeks aren’t an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:44 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:57 pm
This instruction is primarily for EU citizens who never got stamped in.
How long were you away on holidays?
Clearly if you want to attach additional documents you can of course. A few weeks aren’t an issue.
Thank you. We were away for 30 days only.

Actually there is a document upload requirement before we go for biometric appointment where they have asked to upload "Proof of living in the UK for *applicant* for 5 years if applying in your own right" and I am not sure what to upload in this section. I thought passport stamps were all we needed but since the missing stamp is found, I am concerned about it.

If I only upload stamped pages of my passport in this section, will that be sufficient? Or I need to upload anything else in this section please?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm

There no reason to provide any alternative evidence for an absence of 30 days.
ILR holders normally only provide their passports for residency, i.e. scan of personal detail pages and stamped pages.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:37 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm
ILR holders normally only provide their passports for residency, i.e. scan of personal detail pages and stamped pages.
Thank you so much for this help. So, I only need to upload scanned pages of my passport where they have stamped for the 5 years residency. Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:38 pm

positiveme wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:37 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm
Thank you so much for this help. So, I only need to upload scanned pages of my passport where they have stamped for the 5 years residency. Correct. Thank you.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:58 pm

Thank you so much.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:31 am

Apologies, got another question now:

I spoke with the 2nd referee yesterday who is now unwilling to be a refereee, and not giving any good reason why, but have asked if someone else can be the referee.

I am not sure what to do now as the forms are submitted.

I read that in cover letter, we can provide reason for change and give a new referee details. But, I don't know how the case worker will take this reason.

What should I do now?

What reason should I put? (I know the 2nd referee has not been well and had some personal family issues but they did not give any of these reasons to me when I spoke with them). Also, they are in a different city and since my biometric appointment is due soon, there is not enough time to post the photos and forms to get the declaration signed.

Will this cause any issue in the approval of the appli ations?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:15 am

Presumably you can still upload documents?
Get another referee to sign and upload with an explanatory note.
Caseworker will check that you have provided appropriate referees, won't delve into reason why someone else didn't want to sign as referee. This is a common occurence - unfortunately people have issues with data privacy just when you need the support.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:47 am

positiveme wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:31 am

I spoke with the 2nd referee yesterday who is now unwilling to be a refereee, and not giving any good reason why, but have asked if someone else can be the referee.

I read that in cover letter, we can provide reason for change and give a new referee details. But, I don't know how the case worker will take this reason.

What should I do now?

What reason should I put? (I know the 2nd referee has not been well and had some personal family issues but they did not give any of these reasons to me when I spoke with them). Also, they are in a different city and since my biometric appointment is due soon, there is not enough time to post the photos and forms to get the declaration signed.

Many thanks
This happens a lot and CWs are aware, you don't need to delve into details. Provide the new referee details on appropriate form and upload.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:49 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:15 am
Presumably you can still upload documents? Yes, I can.
Get another referee to sign and upload with an explanatory note.
Caseworker will check that you have provided appropriate referees, won't delve into reason why someone else didn't want to sign as referee. This is a common occurence - unfortunately people have issues with data privacy just when you need the support.
Again, thank you so much for your prompt response and help in this matter. I will explain in the cover letter that "Due to some personal health reasons the person isn't available to sign the form". I hope this is sufficient as a reason!

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:51 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:47 am
positiveme wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:31 am

What should I do now?

Many thanks
This happens a lot and CWs are aware, you don't need to delve into details. Provide the new referee details on appropriate form and upload.
Thank you. Is there a form to complete?

I thought I need to get the "Declaration form" signed by the new referee, explain the reason in the cover letter and within cover letter, I provide all the relevant details of new referee for CW to use!

Am I correct, please advise.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:00 am

Just fill in a new referee form plus your photo and get it signed, scan and upload. Explain in a note previous ref couldn’t do it as you suggested.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:59 pm

One more query:

Do I need to sign the Cover Letter or just upload the soft copy (word document or pdf) without signature?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:24 pm

positiveme wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:59 pm
One more query:

Do I need to sign the Cover Letter or just upload the soft copy (word document or pdf) without signature?
No rules for that - however, personally I would always add my personal data and ref number at a minimum, signing won't make a difference as you have already agreed to T&Cs when submitting online.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:53 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:24 pm
positiveme wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:59 pm
One more query:

No rules for that - however, personally I would always add my personal data and ref number at a minimum, signing won't make a difference as you have already agreed to T&Cs when submitting online.
Thank you so much.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Post by positiveme » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:23 pm

All documents uploaded. Just biometric left now....