ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirming Identify - Online Passport Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishguk
Newly Registered

Confirming Identify - Online Passport Application

Post by ashishguk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:37 am

Hi,

I applied for a name change in the passport via online service and submitted all the documents.
A few days later, I was asked to confirm the identity of the applicant and was told that a form will be posted to me.
The issue is that I never received any form in the post and when I called the office, they told me to use a form available in the post office.
Has someone faced a similar issue? Is the form expected from HMPO for identity same as the one available in post office for passport application?
Any help will be appreciated.
Message from HMPO - "You need to ask someone to fill in and sign a form to confirm your identity. This is known as getting a countersignature.
We’ve posted a form to you."

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confirming Identify - Online Passport Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:43 am

ashishguk wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:37 am
Hi,

I applied for a name change in the passport via online service and submitted all the documents.
A few days later, I was asked to confirm the identity of the applicant and was told that a form will be posted to me.
The issue is that I never received any form in the post and when I called the office, they told me to use a form available in the post office.
Has someone faced a similar issue? Is the form expected from HMPO for identity same as the one available in post office for passport application?
Any help will be appreciated.
Message from HMPO - "You need to ask someone to fill in and sign a form to confirm your identity. This is known as getting a countersignature.
We’ve posted a form to you."
Are you applying online for a new passport - you can't apply for a change. Or?
You are required to provide the email address of the person who will confirm your identity - this should have been specified in the application already. And for a name change from prior name you need to provide the official document. So not clear what is actually happening.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ashishguk
Newly Registered

Re: Confirming Identify - Online Passport Application

Post by ashishguk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:51 am

Thank you for your prompt response.
I applied for name change in the existing UK passport for my child. In the online process, there was no section that asked me to provide any email id for identity confirmation.
I followed the online form and now asked to provide identity confirmation.
All required documents for name change were posted alongwith the existing passport.