ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When am I Eligible to apply for ILR (BRP issue date or Vignette sticker date or Date of Entry)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chosi
United Kingdom

Re: When am I Eligible to apply for ILR (BRP issue date or Vignette sticker date or Date of Entry)

Post by Chosi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:38 pm

Hi Team,

I have one more query,

During the 5 year period, I worked across 3 organizations.

Can the last organization give the schedule of absence letter as Evidence of absence from the UK and Crown Dependencies for all holidays taken across? or should it be from individual organization corresponding to the period?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When am I Eligible to apply for ILR (BRP issue date or Vignette sticker date or Date of Entry)

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:39 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Chosi
United Kingdom

Post by Chosi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:54 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for the response.

I have filled the application form and the evidence of absence from UK and Crown Dependency has been requested Zimba, so in this case would a letter from current employer with all absence take across all 3 organizations be fine?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:04 pm

No employer is expected to verify your absences from the UK. That would be absurd. They do not necessarily know if you left the UK or not or when and as I showed there is no such requirement under the rules. The sponsor letter simply saying all you absences from work were approved by them is enough.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Chosi
United Kingdom

Post by Chosi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:14 pm

The sponsor letter simply saying all you absences from work were approved by them is enough.

So can this be from only my last sponsor or would it need to be from all 3 given they didn't approve the previous one's please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:23 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:39 pm
All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

No need for anything from previous sponsors
This was already answered!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:10 pm

Chosi wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:14 pm
The sponsor letter simply saying all you absences from work were approved by them is enough.

So can this be from only my last sponsor or would it need to be from all 3 given they didn't approve the previous one's please.
You do NOT need ANYTHING from previous sponsors

Chosi
United Kingdom

Post by Chosi » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:26 pm

Hi Team,

I have accounts in multiple banks should I be submitting statements from all?

Also, in document list at end of the form, I can see
- Passport Copy
- All Travel Document including old passports
- Current BRP
- Letter from last sponsor and

- Evidence of immigration status - What document would work for this point please because already Passport, Travel Documents, Current BRP and letter from employer are listed individually, would council or electricity bill work for this if so how many months of bills should I be keeping (Should it cover all 5 years).

Thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm

Chosi wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:26 pm
Hi Team,

I have accounts in multiple banks should I be submitting statements from all?

Also, in document list at end of the form, I can see
- Passport Copy
- All Travel Document including old passports
- Current BRP
- Letter from last sponsor and

- Evidence of immigration status - What document would work for this point please because already Passport, Travel Documents, Current BRP and letter from employer are listed individually, would council or electricity bill work for this if so how many months of bills should I be keeping (Should it cover all 5 years).

Thanks,
BRP suffices for the purpose of showing immigration

Chosi
United Kingdom

Post by Chosi » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:20 pm

Thanks for the response but they have requested BRP as a separate document requirement actually, so no need to submit any for the other as BRP would cover both is it?

Also, I have accounts in multiple banks should I be submitting statements from all? or the one which corresponds to the salary should suffice?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:23 pm

Chosi wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:20 pm
Thanks for the response but they have requested BRP as a separate document requirement actually, so no need to submit any for the other as BRP would cover both is it?

Also, I have accounts in multiple banks should I be submitting statements from all? or the one which corresponds to the salary should suffice?

Thanks,
BRP is enough. Bank statement only needs to show your last salary payment

Chosi
United Kingdom

Post by Chosi » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:25 pm

Thank you :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:56 am

Chosi wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:20 pm
Thanks for the response but they have requested BRP as a separate document requirement actually, so no need to submit any for the other as BRP would cover both is it? Correct

Thanks,

Chosi
United Kingdom

Post by Chosi » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:48 am

Thanks much for the response.

Sorry I have two more queries which I would like to raise.

1. Is UAN the same as Home Office Reference Number?
2. Have you previously lived in a country? During transit to UK I visited UAE for a day would this need to be added as lived in a country list?
3. I am unable to add UAE on list where I was outside UK, as it was only a visit during transit and both departure and arrival can't be same day, I have added a comment over the overall period of travel where I went to India stating I Visited UAE would this work?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:27 am

UAN is the acronym for 'Unique Application Number'. You do NOT need to enter any Home Office Reference Number. Leave that empty. LIVING in a country is not the same as visiting a country. I am not sure why we have to regularly point out this obvious distinction. Also UKVI does NOT care about the details of your travels at all. A single period of absence will be entered on the form as the period between the date of leaving the UK and the next subsequent re-entry. What you did or where you stopped or what you ate is irrelevant

Alexe2023
Newly Registered
India

Post by Alexe2023 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:49 pm

Chosi wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:13 pm
Thanks for the response Zimba...

I asked that because, if I give the date of entry on that particular question, there where no questions which is towards from when I am calculating 5 years....

Previously you mentioned I can take 1st BRP issue date to calculate 5 years but there was no questions based on that, is it self understood I am calculating from 1st BRP issue date?

On list of documents to be submitted also 1st BRP was not asked, so wasn't sure how case worker would look at it or know when my BRP was issued, this is why I asked the above...

Should I mention the same on cover letter? or case worker would know this by default?
@chosi.. i too have same doubt. Iam also having 3 different dates ..Visa, BRP and actual date of entry. What did you mention in your application. Could you please share the outcome of your application too