ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for EU spouses from the UK ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

exeter31
Newly Registered

Schengen visa for EU spouses from the UK ?

Post by exeter31 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:55 am

Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone tried applying for Schengen visa as the spouse of EU in the UK, with the Certificate of application for a residence card, as the Residence Card application is still under consideration. Will the EU spouse be allowed to apply? what documents should submit? If not allowed Is there any other option to get a Schengen visit visa as the EU spouse.I would appreciate anyone who experienced such a situation to reply. Thanks

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:33 am

A Schengen visa for spouse of an EU citizen is generally very straightforward (requirements about finance and insurance are waived in this case), and in many cases free of charge. I don't think the COA will make much difference, as applying for a Residence Card is not mandatory. Having an EEA Family Permit (even when expired) is probably more useful to prove you are legally in the UK. Download an application form (from any Schengen embassy website) where you will find details of the requirements. In any case you need to submit the marriage certificate and the passport of the EU spouse.
In fact, on the basis of the Brax arrest, you may not even need a visa if you are travelling together but having a visa will make the travel a lot easier of course.