ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delayed citizenship application and strange response to Mp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qkiyani
Pakistan

Delayed citizenship application and strange response to Mp

Post by qkiyani » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 pm

Delayed citizenship application,

Applied 11/10/22

Involved local Mp and got this reply

“This case is currently under active consideration.

I can see movement was last made on 11 July to the relevant team (SCU Nationality restrictions team) and they are aware of the length taken to conclude this.

They have also mentioned that the team will contact the applicant directly on any further information.”

Do anyone have same experience like case forwarded to (special cases unit Nationality restrictions team)

Just to mention i have applied for discretion as i have 697 days outside UK in the last 5 years.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Delayed citizenship application and strange response to Mp

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:46 pm

This may be occassioned by your need for discretion due to excess days and actively being considered.
How recent was this response sent to your MP.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:07 pm

I received a reply from my MP on 24/07/23

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:41 pm

qkiyani wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 pm
This made me chortle.

It reminded me of an old joke from Yes Minister, on the lines that "The file is under consideration" means that they have lost the file, while "the file is under active consideration" means that they have lost the file, but are trying to find it.

Just wanted to clarify, are all the posts on these forums under this username for the same person? Because there seem to have been many refusals across a range of visas over a period of years. It is not impossible that some of the refusals of past applications may have raised red flags during the current application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:50 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:41 pm
qkiyani wrote:
This made me chortle.

It reminded me of an old joke from Yes Minister, on the lines that "The file is under consideration" means that they have lost the file, while "the file is under active consideration" means that they have lost the file, but are trying to find it.

Just wanted to clarify, are all the posts on these forums under this username for the same person? Because there seem to have been many refusals across a range of visas over a period of years. It is not impossible that some of the refusals of past applications may have raised red flags during the current application.

Yes i have few refusals but not all of them on my fault, only one refusal was on technical merit where i have withdrawn my appeal and re-applied and visa was approved.
Do i have to worry as my application is forwarded to special cases unit (nationality restrictions team).
According to your experience is it normal that my application is forwarded to this special cases unit ?
Could it be because of my excessive holidays ?

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:09 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:41 pm
qkiyani wrote:
This made me chortle.

Your comment make me worried, can you please elaborate what could be the meaning of when my case is forwarded to nationality restrictions team ?
Have you seen any case like this ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:19 pm

qkiyani wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:09 pm
Your comment make me worried, can you please elaborate what could be the meaning of when my case is forwarded to nationality restrictions team ?
I personally am not aware of a similar case on these forums, but I would not be surprised if there have been similar cases in the past.

My knowledge of Home Office procedure is based on reading publicly accessible guidance from the Gov.UK website. None of them seem to list the specific team that you have named and I have no idea of its remit.

A part of the Home Office's approach to naturalisation that is known is that there is no timeframe for the grant of naturalisation, given that the applicant already has ILR within the UK (ILR is a requirement for all naturalisation applications, after all) and has most of the rights of a British citizen within the UK (including voting in and even running for elections if a Commonwealth citizen with ILR). So, from the viewpoint of the Home Office, they can take their time scrutinising the application.

What form of scrutiny is conducted on a naturalisation application is a known unknown. We do not know the answer to that question, as none of us work for the Home Office and that information is not publicly available.

Worrying is not going to speed things up. All you can do is wait.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:39 pm

I seem to remember references to a "historic cases team", historic generally meaning they've been forgotten at the bottom of in-trays. From my reading of postings here over the years quite a few terms are mentioned but often this will be hear-say, second or third hand knowledge. Also, realistically, only very few MPs are familiar or knowledgeable about Home Office Immigration processes, and the Home Office are very skilled at managing the rest of of them.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:38 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:19 pm
qkiyani wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:09 pm
I personally am not aware of a similar case on these forums, but I would not be surprised if there have been similar cases in the past.

My knowledge of Home Office procedure is based on reading publicly accessible guidance from the Gov.UK website. None of them seem to list the specific team that you have named and I have no idea of its remit.

A part of the Home Office's approach to naturalisation that is known is that there is no timeframe for the grant of naturalisation, given that the applicant already has ILR within the UK (ILR is a requirement for all naturalisation applications, after all) and has most of the rights of a British citizen within the UK (including voting in and even running for elections if a Commonwealth citizen with ILR). So, from the viewpoint of the Home Office, they can take their time scrutinising the application.

What form of scrutiny is conducted on a naturalisation application is a known unknown. We do not know the answer to that question, as none of us work for the Home Office and that information is not publicly available.

Worrying is not going to speed things up. All you can do is wait.

Hi ,
Thanks for your detailed reply, all i can do is to wait and i will update the forum as soon as i got reply from HO.

Sanag123123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sanag123123 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:31 am

Hi All, I would also like to share my experience as i couldn't reply to my initial post I created.
I would like to thank everyone for there response. was very helpful.

My naturalisation approval response by email was delayed for 18 months as I wasn't able to receive just a simple email from HO so had to involve the MP who directly communicated with the HO and found out email was sent back in July 2022 (almost 18 months) ago, anyways they tried resending another email after redoing there checks and even that wasn't received in my inbox. Instead I had to give them my husband email address and then the HO approval email was successfully received. i went on and booked my ceremony and I am now a British Citizen. thanks for your help. :D