ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Form (Website)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raththam

Query on Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Form (Website)

Post by raththam » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:32 pm

I filled (for myself )my renunciation of indian passport form and paid the fee. i have doubt as the form asked my minor child details who is indian passport holder. does my request for renunciation of indian citizenship impact my daughters indian citizenship or not .. i am not applying for my daughter and i am applying only for myself.. i have indian passport surrender certificate and received email from vfs i need to apply for renunciation certificate also in order to apply for oci .. the doubt is that why the form asked for the minor child details but i am not applying for her but myself.. the hcl website displays the minor child indian citizenship cease to exist if the person (father or mother) citizenship cease to exist..

Doubt in this wording on this website : (https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/renounce)

does it mean if i do renunciation of citizenship, my child who is indian and indian passport holder's citizenship ceases as well.. got confuse..

Indian citizens desiring to renounce the citizenship of India may please note that if any person(either FATHER OR MOTHER) ceases to be a citizen of India under sub - section (1) of Section 8 of the Citizenship Act, 1955, every minor child of that person shall cease to be a citizen of India under sub - section(2) of Section 8 of the Citizenship Act, 1955.However, such child may, within one year after attaining full age, make a declaration in the prescribed form and manner that he/she wishes to resume Indian Citizenship.

sathyauk
India

Re: Query on Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Form (Website)

Post by sathyauk » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:52 pm