ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP expired before SET(M) - HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR SET (M) questions

Post by itsmarley » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of filling out my ILR SET(M) application and have a few questions on supporting documents.

1. My spouses payslips are sent electronically, how do we go about proving they are official?

2. My last payslip is short 400£ due to sickness - it states in the payslip that the deduction is due to being
sick. Is this an issue? In my employment letter it states my 35k annual salary.

3. I get paid on the 28th of every month however in some cases when the 28th was on a Sunday or BH payment hit my account on the Friday before...is this considered a discrepancy?

4. We only use online banking so all our statements are digital, will these be accepted?

5. Can marriage certificate be used as one of the 6 pieces of correspondence even though we were married back in 2018?

6. In previous visa applications I submitted a cover letter however don't see anything about that in this one - do I still submit one?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET (M) questions

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:56 pm

1. All evidence is now submitted digitally. Digital evidence is valid. You do not need to do anything
2. No issues
3. No
4. Same as answer 1
5. No. Use thing like tenancy agreements, bills, bank statements, etc
6. Cover letter i snot needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by itsmarley » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:25 am

zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:56 pm
1. All evidence is now submitted digitally. Digital evidence is valid. You do not need to do anything
2. No issues
3. No
4. Same as answer 1
5. No. Use thing like tenancy agreements, bills, bank statements, etc
6. Cover letter i snot needed
Great thank you!

Can I use a document twice i.e can I use our mortgage agreement as correspondence as well as proof of where we live?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:54 am

Where is it stayed that you are required to provide proof of where you live?

You simply need cohabitation evidence for the last two years
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

BRP expired before SET(M) - HELP

Post by itsmarley » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi all,

Due to a lot of personal issue I didn't realise that my BRP card has expired and I haven't submitted my SET(M) application! I know so stupid but it's been a rough 12 months.

What can I do? Do I need a visa extension or can I still apply with an expired BRP??

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP expired before SET(M) - HELP

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:24 pm

When did it expire?

Note the BRP is your visa and if your visa has expired, you are an overstayer and can't work either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by itsmarley » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:24 pm
When did it expire?

Note the BRP is your visa and if your visa has expired, you are an overstayer and can't work either.
It expired yesterday

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:54 pm

If you have evidence (such as medical etc) and a very good reason why you applied out of time, you can apply and hope it is considered. This would need to be more recent evidence for example, not evidence from 12 months ago.

Alternatively, submit and hope for the best, worse that UKVI do is put on the FLR(FP) route and a new 2.5 year visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by itsmarley » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:54 pm
If you have evidence (such as medical etc) and a very good reason why you applied out of time, you can apply and hope it is considered. This would need to be more recent evidence for example, not evidence from 12 months ago.

Alternatively, submit and hope for the best, worse that UKVI do is put on the FLR(FP) route and a new 2.5 year visa.
So can I still continue with my SET(M) application even though visa is expired?

I have sick notes from earlier this year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:59 pm

Sick notes from months ago might not work.

For UKVI to consider as exceptional, it would need to likely be something like you were in hospital after surgery or an accident and your visa expired and therefor unable to apply.

Illness from many months ago does not prevent you from applying in time.

You can still apply. It doesn't change the fact that you are now an overstayer in the UK with no valid visa and no right to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:08 pm

itsmarley wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:18 pm
Hi all,

Due to a lot of personal issue I didn't realise that my BRP card has expired and I haven't submitted my SET(M) application! I know so stupid but it's been a rough 12 months.

What can I do? Do I need a visa extension or can I still apply with an expired BRP??

TIA
OOuch!! Horrible error to make at the finish line.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by itsmarley » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:44 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:08 pm
itsmarley wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:18 pm
Hi all,

TIA
OOuch!! Horrible error to make at the finish line.
Yes I know it is...dealing with my 3rd miscarriage has unfortunately turned my brain to mush this last month. I know it's not an excuse but it hasn't been easy to deal with everything else.

itsmarley
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by itsmarley » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:26 pm

I am still waiting for a decision and have been riddled with anxiety to the point I am making myself ill so I am hoping someone can help.

As I was an overstayer I had to quit my job however in my application I did include my income as part of the financial part of the application. I also included my husbands income which meets the requirements on its own. Will it show up that I am working illegally as I have submitted that information?

Also I did work a week as an overstayer as I wasn't aware my BRP had expired. Will this count against me? I've read its a criminal offence? I did quit as soon as I was aware of this obviously.

I am just an anxious mess worried I will get done for a criminal offence or get deported...I haven't been able to sleep in weeks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:47 pm

Do not catastrophise. None of those concerns are actually real. If you applied within 14 days and you are eligible, your application should go through without much issue.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice