ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work/Rent check Not Working after Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aligbutt
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Right to work/Rent check Not Working after Citizenship application

Post by aligbutt » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I am having issue checking my right to rent/work online using my ILR BRP for the last one week. It keeps giving error service not available try again later. I applied for citizenship on 6th june 2023 as a spouse of BC after granted ilr in july 2022. Last time i generated right to work code was some months ago probably 9-10 months ago. However, after 3 months of applying citizenship i can not generate right to work/rent code using same BRP. Just want to know if someone else having same problem or have had this issue before?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Right to work/Rent check Not Working after Citizenship application

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:47 pm

It might mean your citizenship application has been decided and they’ve closed your ILR status down? You’ll need to contact the Home Office to raise it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:10 pm

I would guess there isn't a connection between your application and issues with the right to work/etc system. There seems to be a fair trickle about systems issues. I doubt there is some kind of process in place for aligning/revising data after a naturalisation application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:32 pm

Provided OP has a valid BRP, the system would always work. Naturalisation or not. Long after OP naturalises, the ILR BRP would still work for the generation of the right to work share code. There might not be a photo image there anymore, but OP can always generate a share code.

If OP can't currently generate, it has to be a glitch in the system. Not the HO withdrawing or knocking off the ILR BRP from the database.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!