ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Application APPROVED!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loni
Newly Registered

HSMP Application APPROVED!

Post by loni » Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 am

Hi everyone,

I posted details of my HSMP application a few weeks ago with a question about appealing with additional information and received no response. I went ahead and appealed, outlining my case and supplied additional information and after what seems like a hard fought battle with the HSMP team I received a letter today advising that my application was APPROVED!

Unfortunately this is not the end as my fiance had his application rejected for the same reasons....so we will now be focusing on his options and whether we could also appeal the decision on his case.

To everyone who is having many difficulties I say good luck and never give up! It seems like not every decision is set in stone and if you can argue your case on paper and outline why you deserve to have your application approved you may have a very good chance of having it overturned in your favour.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 31, 2005 12:40 pm

wow...looks like there is no defined rule / process in the HO....most of the cases with additional documents are rejected, I wonder how u got the approval

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Tue May 31, 2005 1:00 pm

Well done

your doggedness and tenacity eventually paid off

cheers
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

lightpace

Re: HSMP Application APPROVED!

Post by lightpace » Tue May 31, 2005 8:51 pm

loni wrote: my fiance had his application rejected for the same reasons....so we will now be focusing on his options and whether we could also appeal the decision on his case.
if your fiance will be your spouse or partner, he may not necessarily need to have an HSMP approval as he could come in under a dependant visa..
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Tue May 31, 2005 10:30 pm

Congrats Loni!

I agree with you 100%
To everyone who is having many difficulties I say good luck and never give up! It seems like not every decision is set in stone and if you can argue your case on paper and outline why you deserve to have your application approved you may have a very good chance of having it overturned in your favour.
i think lightplace is right aobut the dependant visa...any comments anyone?

hope many members would get approved soon!

best

jhonny
:)
[/quote]

loni
Newly Registered

Post by loni » Tue May 31, 2005 11:08 pm

Thanks everyone! :)

My fiance and I are living in the uk (both on WHV) and I believe that for him to apply as my unmarried partner he would have to leave the country to do this (can someone confirm??). So if there is a chance that we could try and get his HSMP rejection overturned then I would rather go down that route.

So while I am very happy about my application there are still more battles to be won! I'm just relieved that all my sleepless nights and countless hours typing letters arguing my case has finally paid off. Good luck to everyone else out there who are still waiting for their decision.

loni
Newly Registered

Post by loni » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:39 pm

I have just spoken to work permit's customer relations team and they confirmed that I am able to apply for my FLR, with my fiance as a dependent on the same application form and he does not have to leave the country.

Bako
Newly Registered

My Review Appeal was Rejected-Can i still appeal

Post by Bako » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:11 pm

My HSMP had initially been reject on the basis that sufficient evidence were not provided to support the point claimed on Earned Income and Work Experience. 25 points was initially awarded as follows (1) Bsc Degree 15 points and (2) Skilled Partner 10 points

I then sent an appeal in April for a review and a decision received today with 25 points extra awarded for work experience while earned income was scored zero.

I do not have current tax clearance certificate for 2004 tax year. My employer had deducted tax from my salaries and will even be held liable for any tax underpayments in line with the country's tax laws. HSMP in there letter said that they had considered my tax payment only on my Basic salary. It takes some time to get tax clearance certificates here in Nigeria.

What should i do? Should i send the tax clearance certificate for year 2003? Will it serve the same purpose?

Your advise will be appreaciated.