ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Switching from HSMP non JR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranjam

Tier 1 Switching from HSMP non JR

Post by pranjam » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi
I am in the UK on a HSMP visa and have to apply for an extension next year. I will have to make my application under the new Tier 1 scheme for getting a FLR. My doubt is that in our intial application HSMP was a 2 step process first get an approval and then get your EC.

Is it the same in getting a FLR that i will have to get an approval under Tier 1 and then go to India to get my passport stamped or has it now been reduced to one step.

Also can people suggest that how much earlier before expiration of your current leave should one apply for an extension.

I think the fees is currently £750 for the main applicant and no fees for dependants(spouse if applying together).

Could some one please let me know so we can make our plans accordingly

Markie

Re: Tier 1 Switching from HSMP non JR

Post by Markie » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:28 pm

only in a single step...no need to go back. check this link on extending your stay.
pranjam wrote:Hi
I am in the UK on a HSMP visa and have to apply for an extension next year. I will have to make my application under the new Tier 1 scheme for getting a FLR. My doubt is that in our intial application HSMP was a 2 step process first get an approval and then get your EC.

Is it the same in getting a FLR that i will have to get an approval under Tier 1 and then go to India to get my passport stamped or has it now been reduced to one step.

Also can people suggest that how much earlier before expiration of your current leave should one apply for an extension.

I think the fees is currently £750 for the main applicant and no fees for dependants(spouse if applying together).

Could some one please let me know so we can make our plans accordingly