ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance(funds)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mani123
Newly Registered

Maintenance(funds)

Post by mani123 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply for the post study visa(Tier 1). I have got enough fund on my wife's bank account but my name is not included. Will this statement be acceptable for the visa purpose or do I need money in my own account name? Can anyone help me on this matter please.....Mani123

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 pm

What the documents must show wrote:If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual(s).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance(funds)

Post by Kev-in » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Mani,

Please! Please! Please! do not make the mistake of sending the bank statements which is under your wifes name it is not acceptable by the Home Office. Me and my wife made this terrible mistake and have got my application refused bcuz of this sillly mistake, should i say stupid mistake and im now figuring out what to do as i have 10 days to appeal. Searching for answers i came across this forum and thought it would be nice to help others if facing a similar situation.

You have got to show the funds GBP 800 (bank statement minimum balance for a period of 3 months)which should be under your name, if you do not have these make sure start maintainining these asap.

If you do not have the minimum funds under your name, what you can do is as rightly pointed out by user Vinny you can show a joint account (you must be named on the account) which also can be shown as evidence of available funds.

So if you do not have it under your name yet you also have the option of going to the bank immediately and changing it into a Joint Account (unless you have already done that by now).

Some banks can do it the same day, others take a week. So dont waste time my friend. Please take action asap. Its better to be safe than to be sorry later. Hope this helps. Take care.