ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier2013
United Kingdom

Lost BRP card

Post by tier2013 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:53 pm

My BRP card was lost in the post when sent back from DVLA.
(Edit: I have ILR and the card that came with it. Im not sure if this is a BRP or a BRC)
Is it possible to get a replacement BRP?
What is the processing time for this?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lost BRP card

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:11 pm

You got ILR through the UK Immigration route, so it is a BRP. A BRC is for those under the EU route.

Are you sure it has been lost or is it possible just delayed?

Yes you can get a replacement card, which will expire on 31st December 2024 when the BRP cards are phased out.

Applications can take anywhere between a couple of months and 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2013
United Kingdom

Post by tier2013 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Ive got a couple of travel plans in the next 3 months. Is there any alternative I can fall back on for travelling while replacement is processed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:35 pm

You can apply for a re-entry BRP visa as the link I provided explains. This is a single visa vignette to facilitate traveling back to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2013
United Kingdom

Post by tier2013 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 am

I did notice that on the page, but is that something I'd need to apply BEFORE I travel out of UK?
Will I not require the BRP on exit from the UK?

Also, can I apply for it twice in a span of 3 -4 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:32 am

That is an applicarion made abroad. Note it can take a while and you could be stuck abroad.

No, you dont need a brp to leave the uk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:35 pm
You can apply for a re-entry BRP visa as the link I provided explains. This is a single visa vignette to facilitate traveling back to the UK.
Hi @CR001 When applying for BRP replacement, wouldn't the passport be at the Home office so we cannot travel any way out of UK? Therefore, applying for a re-entry BRP visa is not valid ? The OP will have to withdraw BRP replacement application and get passport to travel out of UK. Is this correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:55 pm

BKK006 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi @CR001 When applying for BRP replacement, wouldn't the passport be at the Home office so we cannot travel any way out of UK? Therefore, applying for a re-entry BRP visa is not valid ? The OP will have to withdraw BRP replacement application and get passport to travel out of UK. Is this correct?
Originals are not submitted. All digitally uploaded to UKCVAS, same as when applying for a visa or ILR. Also a BRP replacement is NOT an immigration/visa application, it is simply renewing the CARD. People are free to travel if they have proof of permission to come into the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:55 pm
BKK006 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Originals are not submitted. All digitally uploaded to UKCVAS, same as when applying for a visa or ILR. Also a BRP replacement is NOT an immigration/visa application, it is simply renewing the CARD. People are free to travel if they have proof of permission to come into the UK.
Great, thanks. I'm midway filling the lost brp application and it asked for mandatory documents as passport so assumed I have to submit them in person. I didnt know it was a digital submission. So, no biometrics required for the brp lost application?

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:13 pm

BKK006 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
BKK006 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Great, thanks. I'm midway filling the lost brp application and it asked for mandatory documents as passport so assumed I have to submit them in person. I didnt know it was a digital submission. So, no biometrics required for the brp lost application?
Ignore my question about biometrics. Just re read the process and biometrics is required. So I can do that at a nearby post office after the digital submission I guess?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:16 pm

BKK006 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:13 pm
BKK006 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
BKK006 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Ignore my question about biometrics. Just re read the process and biometrics is required. So I can do that at a nearby post office after the digital submission I guess?
1. You should post in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is considered rude and unfair to other members to keep asking your questions in their thread and it creates confusion when members respond.
2. You do not enroll biometrics at the Post Office anymore. You upload documents digitally to UKCVAS portal and make a biometric appointment at UKCVAS to enroll biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)