ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fafa456
Newly Registered
Algeria

Visitor visa

Post by Fafa456 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:32 pm

Hi guys.
I have tried twice to invite my brother to come for a visit and have been refused twice.
The first application was refused cz we didn't provide enough documents and was my mistake.
The second application I have provide
-invitation letter stating that I will support him.
- proof of accommodation.
-proof of 2 jobs.
-Bank statement 30k.
His side.
-Bank statement in uk currency and Algerian currency.
-proof of work.
He is 54 married with 3 kids. He will be the first visiting me in the UK. I'm british citizen been here for 13 years.
The second application the send us a wrond decision. I contacted the Litigation Operations in Solihull and they confirmed that a wrong letter was sent. However the decision was the same.
1st and 2nd application the answer was the same even the we provided more documents.
Anything else is can do? Thanks guys.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Visitor visa

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:42 pm

First of all, don't just post your questions in someone else's topic - your situation is totally different from theirs. Why did you do that?

Also, please provide the information from refusal letter (s) about your brother's past visas. We don't know why he was refused unless you tell us.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Fafa456
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Fafa456 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:04 pm

I tried to post new one.
However I couldn't can you please show me how.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:06 pm

Fafa456 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:04 pm
I tried to post new one.
However I couldn't can you please show me how.
I split your topic already - no action necessary.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Fafa456
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Fafa456 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:16 pm

Lettre 1 refusal.:
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... v-visitor-
rules), I have considered:
• your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• your immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V because:
• You have applied to visit the United Kingdom for 15 days to visit family. I have
considered your application carefully as I recognise the importance of family visits.
• You state that you are employed at Ministery of Education as a Maths Teacher earning
a monthly salary of 76,000.00 DZD (£ 436.87). In support of your application you have
submitted financial information that includes a Euro bank statement in your name.
However, from the supporting information you have provided it does not demonstrate
that you are in receipt of your salary from your employment. Therefore I am not
satisfied that you have provided an accurate account of your financial
circumstances.You have further declared savings of £ 1,200.00 and you state that you
plan to spend £ 1,200.00 on your proposed trip expenditure. To demonstrate your
financial circumstances you have provided a Euro account statement. However the
source of the funds this account is unknown. From the supporting information you have
provided it does not demonstrate how these funds are linked to income from your
employment. In the absence of demonstrating the source of the funds, I am not
satisfied that these funds will genuinely remain available to support your trip costs. I
also note you plan to spend all your declared savings on a 15 days trip abroad. I am
not satisfied that your proposed trip costs are proportionate with your current economic
circumstances. I am not satisfied that your proposed trip costs are credible. Taking this
into consideration, I am not satisfied that you have sufficiently demonstrated your
personal and financial circumstances or that on the balance of probabilities they are
as such that you can be relied upon to meet the requirements of entry clearance as a
visitor.In light of all of the above, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United
Kingdom or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you have sufficient
funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing
public funds. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a), (c) and
(e) of Appendix V of the Immigration Rule.

Letter 2 refusal. (they make a mistake and send wrong letter)
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
• your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• your immigration history
• an interview with you
• an interview with your sponsor
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) enter paragraph numbers of Appendix V because give details
of requirements not met and reasons why.

Letter 3 after I contacted Litigation Operations Solihull:
 your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
 your immigration history
The decision
requirements of Paragraphs V 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors because:
 I note that you were recently refused entry clearance to visit the UK on 22 July 2023
(UKHU/3050918) refers.
 Whilst I have noted the documents submitted and your own representations, I am
satisfied that the Entry Clearance Officer sufficiently considered the evidence and
information that you submitted and I am not satisfied that there has been a sufficient
change in your circumstances since your previous application.
 Please note that entry clearance applicants are advised that fresh applications made
shortly after refused applications will be considered on their individual merits.
However, they are likely to be refused unless the applicant’s personal circumstances
have changed significantly.
 In your current application, you have not sought to explain the concerns outlined in
the previous refusal, relating to your personal, financial and employment
circumstances in Algeria. This raises concerns as to the credibility of the statements
made or that the circumstances surrounding your declared financial circumstances
are as you have stated. As such, I am not satisfied that you have provided an accurate
portrayal of your current personal circumstances nor satisfied that your intentions to
visit the UK are as stated and that you will leave at the end of your visit.
 I accept that each application is considered individually and on its own merits, and I
have carefully considered the additional documentation provided. However, you are
applying for the same purpose and there appears to have been no change in your
circumstances. I am satisfied that the concerns previously identified still apply.
 Given this information, I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and will leave
the UK at the end of your visit or that you have sufficient funds available to cover your
costs whilst in the UK. Your application for a visit visa has been refused under
paragraph(s) V4.2 (a) (c) and (e) of the Immigration Rules

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:06 pm

Let's break it down then, where possible.
Fafa456 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:16 pm
In support of your application you have
submitted financial information that includes a Euro bank statement in your name.
However, from the supporting information you have provided it does not demonstrate
that you are in receipt of your salary from your employment.
This, basically, says that visa officer did not see any salary coming into his bank account. How is he paid? Is it displayed accordingly (as salary) in his bank statements?
Fafa456 wrote:
You have further declared savings of £ 1,200.00 and you state that you
plan to spend £ 1,200.00 on your proposed trip expenditure. To demonstrate your
financial circumstances you have provided a Euro account statement. However the
source of the funds this account is unknown
How did he get that much money?
It's 3 months' sum of his income assuming he has no other expenses. Visa officer decided that he can't be sure this money was earned by him (and it wasn't, for example, the case of you lending him money just for the visa).
Fafa456 wrote:
I
also note you plan to spend all your declared savings on a 15 days trip abroad. I am
not satisfied that your proposed trip costs are proportionate with your current economic
circumstances. I am not satisfied that your proposed trip costs are credible.
He wants to spend 3 months of his salary just to go abroad for 15 days. Disproportionate.

You said "you didn't provide enough documents" for the first time - what did you provide to show that the first refusal was wrong? Did you address points above?

Fafa456
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Fafa456 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:49 am

Yes we did provide yearly payslips plus his saving bank statement. In the second time

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:44 pm

Fafa456 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:49 am
Yes we did provide yearly payslips plus his saving bank statement. In the second time
Your cousin has £1,200 savings. It probably took him a long time to get this, based on income and monthly expenses.
Now he plans to travel on a 2 weeks holiday and blow the whole thing. To the IO, that just screams overstaying or coming to look for work.

You always have to look at your finances and work around that. Money is key.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:30 am

He now stands no chance of getting a visa, he is on a black list and so do not bother wasting your money on applying again IMHO. Besides, his circumstances do look very dodgy so I am not surprised he was turned down, regardless of whether he is genuine or not, the HO has responsibility to stop people who have no intention of sticking to the rules and the only way they can make a grant / decline decision is by what they receive as evidence.