ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal of post study visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranavpatel
Newly Registered

refusal of post study visa

Post by pranavpatel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Good afternoon,
I am Pranav, a post graduate from from a professional hospitality college from sussex. I applied for PSW visa on 15th August, 2008. My application was refused on 22nd Sept, 2008 due to bank statements. Error being on my part, I did not send them orignal stamped bank statements but mere printouts from the cash machine. I didn't have enough balance for the first two months, but the last month was just about £800. They gave me the option to appeal till 8th Oct, 2008. I send my appeal on 2nd Oct, 2008, enclosing my original stamped bank statements alongwith all the required documents and my passport using special delivery to A.I.T. My passport alone was send back today i.e. 4th Oct, 2008 with a date hand written on the second last page, the date being 22'nd, Oct, 2008. I did not get an acknowledgement of the appeal neither my originals. Could you please explain me what could have possibly happened and suggest me a way to deal with this.

pakstar

Re: refusal of post study visa

Post by pakstar » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:39 am

pranavpatel wrote:Good afternoon,
I am Pranav, a post graduate from from a professional hospitality college from sussex. I applied for PSW visa on 15th August, 2008. My application was refused on 22nd Sept, 2008 due to bank statements. Error being on my part, I did not send them orignal stamped bank statements but mere printouts from the cash machine. I didn't have enough balance for the first two months, but the last month was just about £800. They gave me the option to appeal till 8th Oct, 2008. I send my appeal on 2nd Oct, 2008, enclosing my original stamped bank statements alongwith all the required documents and my passport using special delivery to A.I.T. My passport alone was send back today i.e. 4th Oct, 2008 with a date hand written on the second last page, the date being 22'nd, Oct, 2008. I did not get an acknowledgement of the appeal neither my originals. Could you please explain me what could have possibly happened and suggest me a way to deal with this.
You don't need to send your passport with apeal documents, if you have submitted your apeal, you will soon recieve a hearing date. Where you will have to show the reason and everything. if tribunal decides inyour favour then you will send your passport to homeoffice along with the court decision and you will get your passport back.

many thanks
sorry if i am wrong somewhere, i have explained best tomy knowledge.

lostlost2008
Newly Registered

Post by lostlost2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 am

So, what did they say about 800 pounds wasn't in the account for 3 months. I guess i am in the same kinda situation but i haven't applied yet.
Its difficult for me as i use the money i get from work (20 hours) to expenses bills, etc.
i am confused

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 pm

This was a valid refusal because you did not send acceptable documents for the maintenance requirement. It sounds like your closing balance may have been less than £800 anyway?

I don't see any point in appealing.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:54 pm

pranavpatel wrote:Good afternoon,
Hello Pranav,
Could you please update us about ur appeal process? It may help people who are on same boat as urs.

thx

swanandkant
Newly Registered

Post by swanandkant » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:02 pm

I am also in same kind of situation.. is it like you have to show 800£ closing balance or 800£ should be there all month long.
Please guide me here.

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Post by Kev-in » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:01 am

swanandkant wrote:I am also in same kind of situation.. is it like you have to show 800£ closing balance or 800£ should be there all month long.
Please guide me here.
Hi Swanand,

You need to maintain a minimum balance of 800 GBP for a period of 3 months. i.e the balance during these 3 months should not go lower than 800 pounds at any time. Hope this helps. Take care.