ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application - referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Citizenship application - referees

Post by Geordie2023 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:11 am

Dear All,

I've gone through the guidance published in May 2023 and I'm afraid I'm still confused about the nationality of the two referees. Do both the referees need to be British Citizens? Thank you in advance for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship application - referees

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:49 am

Not sure why it’s not clear.
See the referee form which explains:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Geordie2023 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:35 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. The information about one referee being a person of 'any nationality' didn't appear in my online form, hence the confusion. Thank you for your help.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

English Language requirements and Citizenship Application

Post by Geordie2023 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Hello, I am a Pakistani national and am in the process of applying for my British citizenship.

When I applied for my TIER 2 visa, I submitted my BSc degree certificate awarded by the University of London as proof of my proficiency in English and it was accepted without a problem. The certificate says that I was an 'external student' since I didn't physically attend the University in the UK; I was sent the relevant material by the University and the exams were conducted by the British Council in Pakistan and marked by the University of London. I was not asked to provide any evidence of my proficiency in English when I applied for my Tier 2 visa. Now on the citizenship form, I'm supposed to specify where the degree was taught. Shall I say the UK, since the awarding body is a British University? Thank you very much for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:49 pm

Please post your citizenship questions in just one post (this one) - not a new one for each query - it makes it easier for contributors to understand your case.

Haven't come across your path to a UK degree, it was taught in English and you sat the exams in English whilst resident in Pakistan?
The fact it was accepted by UKVI for your visa would lead me to believe it's acceptable, but perhaps someone else has a similar experience or may know the rule(s) where this may be specified, and could confirm.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Geordie2023 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:19 pm

Thank you and apologies for the multiple threads.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Geordie2023 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:21 pm

Yes, I was a resident of Pakistan while studying for this degree which was entirely in English. It's one of University of London's distance learning degrees.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship application - previous immigration applications

Post by Geordie2023 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:59 pm

Dear All,

I am currently completing my citizenship form. Over the last 15 years, I applied for a UK short stay visa many times (before applying for my Tier 2 visa and eventually ILR). I do not have details of many of those visit/business visa applications and I do not recall if and when my fingerprints were taken. How would you recommend that I answer the question pertaining to my previous visa applications when I either don't have all the details or none at all? Of course, I have copies of all the visas issued. Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:14 pm

You don’t need to provide details of visitor visas, only leave applications, like your work visa and ILR.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Geordie2023 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:52 pm

Thank you very much!