ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application form confusing question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

indian89
India

Re: ILR application form confusing question

Post by indian89 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:54 pm
It doesn't matter. You really are overthinking this completely.
This is the wording on the UKVCAS website documents upload page:
This page lists all documents from your Access UK Document Checklist. These are the documents needed for your application. You can upload on this page.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:24 pm

So simply upload the documents. Not sure why this seems to be such an issue for you??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:51 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:20 pm
Yeah the interface looks different to previous version I saw at spouse visa extension. Basically has the exact names replicated from supporting documents checklist and has upload button next to each one.

In the past there were categories like other, finance etc.

I did scans of passport previously 2 years back and the passport has not changed so I want to use those scans to save time. Is this ok or do I need to redo the scans. Only reason I ask is if caseworker downloaded and clicked properties date of scan would show 2021??

As said before, what matters most is for you to upload all relevant supporting documents.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:24 pm
So simply upload the documents. Not sure why this seems to be such an issue for you??
I am just anxious as I recall it used to have categories such as life events, finance etc buthe form is totally different now. Your right I am overthinking!

I booked super priority. However biometrics booking is standard one, can I check this is fine as guessing biometrics standard has nothing to do with super priority??

Also it is only asking me for partner declaration only. On UKVCAS. I was told.previously there was othet declarations to fill in?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:14 pm

I am just anxious as I recall it used to have categories such as life events, finance etc buthe form is totally different now. Your right I am overthinking!
Systems change.
I booked super priority. However biometrics booking is standard one, can I check this is fine as guessing biometrics standard has nothing to do with super priority??
Super Priority service is a UKVI service. It has nothing to do with the third party UKCVAS appointment (not UKVI staff).
Also it is only asking me for partner declaration only. On UKVCAS. I was told.previously there was othet declarations to fill in?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:14 pm
Systems change.
Super Priority service is a UKVI service. It has nothing to do with the third party UKCVAS appointment (not UKVI staff).
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf
Thank you.

When I completed my application I got the following:
You must download a copy of the family declaration form.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf

The form you have linked to seems different? the form they have asked me to complete is 1 page long only as seen by link?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:33 pm

The form is self explanatory and certainly not complicated. What is the issue? Just complete the form.

The declaration is separate to the consent for verification checks form!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:33 pm
The form is self explanatory and certainly not complicated. What is the issue? Just complete the form.

The declaration is separate to the consent for verification checks form!
it is just in the document checklist there is no mention of verification checks form that you have linked to?

I will complete both forms then as you suggest. Should I upload verification checks to other documents area on ukvcas?

Should I date them before the application date?

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:27 pm

Please could it be confirmed if date on declarati9n and consent should br BEFORE application date?
Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:39 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:27 pm
Please could it be confirmed if date on declarati9n and consent should br BEFORE application date?
Many Thanks
That date does not matter. It is just a printed form. You can print and sign at any time
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:04 am

zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:39 pm
indian89 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:27 pm
Many Thanks
That date does not matter. It is just a printed form. You can print and sign at any time
Thanks Zimba!

I have done all my scans as colour, is this a problem?

File size is within the required size

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:48 pm

That also does not matter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:38 pm

A big thanks to everyone who has helped me patiently in this thread. Please to say I have nearly completed upload of supporting documents.i habe one query:

In the documents required for ILR, it states to provide All previous travel documents that have been used to travel to or remain in the UK.

The passport that was used to travel at first entry 5 years back is still the same passport now. Obviously the passport scans of all pages have been provided in 'current passport' section of supporting documents.

Should I provide the passport scans again for previous travel documents? I also have a picture of the old BRP (from spouse extension) that was sent back so should I provide scan of that?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:48 pm

BRPs are issued by UKVI. They do not need you to send them the document scans that they issued to you. Passports only covering your qualifying period should be sent

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:29 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:48 pm
BRPs are issued by UKVI. They do not need you to send them the document scans that they issued to you. Passports only covering your qualifying period should be sent
So should I leave previous travel documents section blank?? or upload pages with visa entry stamp?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:38 pm

zimba wrote:

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:14 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:38 pm
zimba wrote:
Sorry I might not be asking the qu correctly, should I upload my current passport into this section again then?

My passport has been uploaded into current passport section already. Or shall I keep previous travel documents etc section empty then?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:45 pm

Sections do not matter. Everything uploaded will be seen

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:57 am

indian89 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:14 pm
zimba wrote:
zimba wrote:
Sorry I might not be asking the qu correctly, should I upload my current passport into this section again then? Yes

My passport has been uploaded into current passport section already. Or shall I keep previous travel documents etc section empty then?

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:31 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:57 am
indian89 wrote:
zimba wrote:
zimba wrote:
Sorry I might not be asking the qu correctly, should I upload my current passport into this section again then? Yes

Sorry But why as that is the same passport I am still using even now??

Surely previous passport is if I had used a different passport to gain entry?
Last edited by indian89 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:34 pm

zimba wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:45 pm
So are you saying leaving previous passports section blank?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:58 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:34 pm
zimba wrote:
I am saying you do not need to worry about where you upload your evidence. Anything uploaded will be seen. UVKI also does not care about your old passport

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:39 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:31 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
indian89 wrote:
zimba wrote:
zimba wrote:

Sorry But why as that is the same passport I am still using even now?? If not containing relevant details of UK immigration history, what's the use presenting it?

Surely previous passport is if I had used a different passport to gain entry? Correct

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:58 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:58 pm
indian89 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:34 pm
zimba wrote:

I am saying you do not need to worry about where you upload your evidence. Anything uploaded will be seen. UVKI also does not care about your old passport
Can I leave the previous passport and travel documents uploads section blank on UKVCAS??

I am using same passport from entry visa.

I have only ever had 1 passport in my life

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:39 pm
indian89 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:31 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
indian89 wrote:
zimba wrote:
zimba wrote:

Sorry But why as that is the same passport I am still using even now?? If not containing relevant details of UK immigration history, what's the use presenting it?

Surely previous passport is if I had used a different passport to gain entry? Correct
Presenting which? I dont have any previous passports? Literally only ever had 1 passport