ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous passports

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RCCar
Belarus

Previous passports

Post by RCCar » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:11 pm

According new rules, we shouldn't send old passport copies anymore, but if my kids changed their passports 6 months ago and I have their old ones (I don't need them anymore), may be send old original anyway (stronger proof they lived in state) with a label "shred them after that cause I don't need it :D " or don't do it cause better not send docs which are not requested? What better to do?

Also I noticed we don't need solicitor sing on kids photos - is it something new or it was always like that?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Previous passports

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:03 pm

I'd say to keep them for safety sake would be better, plus I don't know what'll happen with the originals (they may try to return them to you before concluding the application for example, which may increase processing time - took them ~2 months to return my passport back in 2022).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:06 pm

RCCar wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:11 pm
According new rules, we shouldn't send old passport copies anymore, but if my kids changed their passports 6 months ago and I have their old ones (I don't need them anymore), may be send old original anyway (stronger proof they lived in state) with a label "shred them after that cause I don't need it :D " or don't do it cause better not send docs which are not requested? What better to do?

Also I noticed we don't need solicitor sing on kids photos - is it something new or it was always like that?
NO need to send what is requested. In my own case my daughter had six expired passports which I had to photocopy in color page by page and all signed by a solicitor and Oh it cost me a lot then.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Sorry, you mean - don't send, or send?

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:33 pm

RCCar wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:26 pm
Sorry, you mean - don't send, or send?