ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWV - New job - Lesser Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

SWV - New job - Lesser Salary

Post by AliJaf » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:43 am

On SWV the offer have from the new employer is lesser than what I get currently (around 5K/year lesser), I do not mind for a lot of reasons. its a shortage occupation position and I am currently being paid very close to the going rate, but the new offer I have is around 85% of the going rate.

Does this, in any way, impact my application or it's consideration in any manner?

Do I have to provide any justification as to why I am accepting this new job on a lower salary? better company and working environment etc.

The salary meets the SWV minimum requirement but I don't want to get stuck in suspicion.

Please advise.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: SWV - New job - Lesser Salary

Post by lolo2 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:35 am

No need to justify anything, if the job is within the shortage occupation list you can be paid 80% of the going rate. That's a provision within the rules, a lower salary does not have any impact on the application.

See: SWV - when you can be paid less