ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the earliest can I SUBMIT ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zerodayaz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: What is the earliest can I SUBMIT ILR application?

Post by zerodayaz » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:38 am

Hi Zimba

In another post* I saw that you noted that "Your employer letter must be dated within 28 days of applying online."

If I submit my online application on 1st of October should I get the letter before the 1st of October, even though my biometric appointment will be on early November (after 28 days of online application). Is there any harm getting the letter on early November? I would ideally like to obtain it on early November if it is acceptable, as it would be more up to date and provide more coverage of the qualifying period.

*indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... l#p2090242

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:49 pm

Within 28 days of applying, so 28 days prior to applying online :!:
Up to date on what ??? What will change in that time? All documents must be dated prior to your application and the date of your biometrics is irrelevant when it comes to the documents submitted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zerodayaz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zerodayaz » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:05 pm

My qualifying period end date would technically be on 7 November 2023. The letter I will be obtaining will state that any holiday or annual leave I have taken is approved, my concern is that if I obtain letter on October, this statement will not cover the entire qualifying period. That's why I would prefer to obtain the letter later than earlier. However I am not sure if it is strictly recommended to obtain the letter prior to online application submission?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:27 pm

The qualifying period for ILR and the employer letter are not tied in the way you think, so the whole 'the letter needs to be up-to-date' is merely your own making. No such rule or requirement exists that ties the qualifying period to the sponsor letter in the way you perceive it. Your perception of what the requirements are is not really relevant.

Read what the rules actually say on the employer letter, once more: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zerodayaz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zerodayaz » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you know that as per zimba's advice, I submitted my application on late September and booked my biometrics on the earliest day of my eligibility - 7 November. I got the email stating that my application has been successful today.

Thanks a lot Zimba for your help!