ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Child benefit as British citizen with spouse on PBS dependent visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Greatexpat
India

Claiming Child benefit as British citizen with spouse on PBS dependent visa

Post by Greatexpat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:11 am

Hi,

Can someone please confirm If I can claim Child Benefit while my wife is on PBS dependent visa and will be eligible for her ILR in March next year (5years on Tier 2 +PBS dependent)? I became a British citizen last year hence my wife is on PBS dependent as she got her visa before I became citizen.

My baby born in Jan 2023 has a British passport too but not sure if we can claim child benefit while my wife is on the PBS dependent visa.

Will claiming child benefit negatively affect the ILR application for my wife, which I plan to apply for her in March next year?

Some people have said I can claim it without any negative affects for the ILR visa application some say not to claim it. Please can someone confirm this with expert advise ? Will I need to mention it in her application?

Thanks in advance

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Claiming Child benefit as British citizen with spouse on PBS dependent visa

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:52 pm

Greatexpat wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:11 am
Hi,

Can someone please confirm If I can claim Child Benefit while my wife is on PBS dependent visa and will be eligible for her ILR in March next year (5years on Tier 2 +PBS dependent)? I became a British citizen last year hence my wife is on PBS dependent as she got her visa before I became citizen.

My baby born in Jan 2023 has a British passport too but not sure if we can claim child benefit while my wife is on the PBS dependent visa.

Will claiming child benefit negatively affect the ILR application for my wife, which I plan to apply for her in March next year?

Some people have said I can claim it without any negative affects for the ILR visa application some say not to claim it. Please can someone confirm this with expert advise ? Will I need to mention it in her application?

Thanks in advance
Similar story here
claiming-benefits/claiming-child-benefi ... 37711.html
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!