ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Asylum Seekers get Unique Application Numbers?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

William Blackstone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Do Asylum Seekers get Unique Application Numbers?

Post by William Blackstone » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:23 pm

Hello, does anyone know if Asylum Seekers get 'Unique Application Numbers'? I have assisting a friend with his immigration matter and we have just noticed on a letter from the Home Office that his CASE ID has been replaced with a Unique Application Number. Has anyone else noticed this change on their documents and whether it is a good sign of progress on the application or an indication of a positive outcome. I tried to check online but found the UAN is often assigned to EUSS applications. Any help?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Do Asylum Seekers get Unique Application Numbers?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:55 am

William Blackstone wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:23 pm
Hello, does anyone know if Asylum Seekers get 'Unique Application Numbers'? I have assisting a friend with his immigration matter and we have just noticed on a letter from the Home Office that his CASE ID has been replaced with a Unique Application Number. Has anyone else noticed this change on their documents and whether it is a good sign of progress on the application or an indication of a positive outcome. I tried to check online but found the UAN is often assigned to EUSS applications. Any help?
Such a change can not be used as basis in forecasting outcome.
"Case" changing to "application" both means to track pr followup. Keep thread updated and member may get a better understanding from your outcome.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:27 pm

UAN is just the reference method on the newest case management system known as Atlas. As older and legacy cases migrate to Atlas from the older system it will generate a UAN.

William Blackstone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by William Blackstone » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:03 pm

Thanks. I will keepthe forumn updated.