ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Child registration MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit2453
Mood:
India

Questions about Child registration MN1 form

Post by amit2453 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 am

Hi,

I am in process of applying registration of my child born in UK.

1. I submitted application on 14-Sep-2023, how long I can delay biometrics. I heard of 45 days. Does it has to be booked within 45 days of application submission or has to be actual submission of biometrics within 45 days of application submission.

2. I have a travel plan during December. So if registration is approved before travel date, can child travel on foreign passport?

3. if registration is approved while in foreign country, can child travel back on foreign passport?

Should I cancel current application, and submit new one before 3rd October and delay biometrics just before travel if issue with 1st question.

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Questions about Child registration MN1 form

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:47 am

amit2453 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 am

1. I submitted application on 14-Sep-2023, how long I can delay biometrics. I heard of 45 days. Does it has to be booked within 45 days of application submission or has to be actual submission of biometrics within 45 days of application submission.
Why do you need to delay biometrics? Registration application doesn't require your child to be in country - they can travel.
amit2453 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 am
I have a travel plan during December. So if registration is approved before travel date, can child travel on foreign passport?

3. if registration is approved while in foreign country, can child travel back on foreign passport?
These are not the question you need to ask in the context of UK passport application - UK doesn't care about other nationalities.

If your child's original nationality prohibits dual citizenship (eg Indian), you have to figure this out with Indian authorities, not British. Indian passport holders, for example, have a grace period for a few months after naturalization.

Also I hope you're taking into account that your child needs a valid visa to return back on a foreign passport.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:04 am

Point 3rd -> This is still depend on UK as the child is British citizen and entering UK on foreign passport with BRP.

So I would still like to check on point 1 and 3 and any expert can answer.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:14 am

amit2453 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:04 am
Point 3rd -> This is still depend on UK as the child is British citizen and entering UK on foreign passport with BRP.

If you explain the situation at the UK border control, you're fine - they can not let a British citizen (who a child is now) in. Certificate may come during holidays, it's a thing that happens.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:32 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:14 am
amit2453 wrote:

If you explain the situation at the UK border control, you're fine - they can not let a British citizen (who a child is now) in. Certificate may come during holidays, it's a thing that happens.
I think you meant they cannot refuse entry to a British citizen.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:46 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:32 am
meself2 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:14 am
amit2453 wrote:

I think you meant they cannot refuse entry to a British citizen.
Yes, apologies! Thanks for correcting.