ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner's previous sponsorship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FASHS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Partner's previous sponsorship

Post by FASHS » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:34 am

Dear All,

Please advise me on this question "Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?".

My partner has been British for 5 years at least. She was previously on indefinitely leave to remain gained through EU family route as she was previously married to an EU partner. The former partner was not settled in the UK.

Would this make my answer YES to this question? I seem to be of the opinion it should be no. Kindly please advise.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Partner's previous sponsorship

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Answer No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FASHS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by FASHS » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:19 pm

Thank you very much, Zimba.

Would I right assuming that the question is referring to status gained through relationship under a normal British Immigration rule rather than EU rule?

Your response is very appreciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:22 am

The previous status of your partner is irrelevant so ignore this
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mk819
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mk819 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:00 pm

In the context of an ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) application for a spouse in the UK, if your spouse initially came to the UK as a partner of an EU citizen, this situation is generally not considered as being sponsored by a settled person. European Union citizens and their family members have different rules and rights under EU law, and this is distinct from being sponsored by a settled person under the UK immigration rules.

Therefore, in response to the question "Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?" you would likely answer "No" in this case, as the initial entry was under EU law, not under the UK immigration rules for sponsorship.

However, it's always advisable to carefully review the specific instructions and guidance provided with the application form or on the official website of the immigration authority handling your application. If you have any doubts, you may want to seek advice from an immigration professional or legal expert to ensure accuracy in your application.

mk819
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mk819 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:01 pm

FASHS wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:34 am
Dear All,

Please advise me on this question "Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?".

My partner has been British for 5 years at least. She was previously on indefinitely leave to remain gained through EU family route as she was previously married to an EU partner. The former partner was not settled in the UK.

Would this make my answer YES to this question? I seem to be of the opinion it should be no. Kindly please advise.

Thank you.
So what did you answer and have u got the ILR response ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:03 pm

The user hasn't logged into the forum since they posted in mid July.

Kindly refrain form digging up older topics to post tag questions onto.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.