ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with ILR - English Language Requirment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SJ30
Newly Registered

Naturalisation with ILR - English Language Requirment

Post by SJ30 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:12 pm

Hi,

Need help urgently.

My wife received her ILR in 2016. Now I am in the process to apply naturalisation for her.

At the time of ILR we used point based calculation for English language knowledge requirement.

But now found that we have lost the point based calculation printout.

My query is what should I use for the English language knowledge requirement for Naturalisation?

Will I be required to obtain NARIC certificate for her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation with ILR - English Language Requirment

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:15 pm

She needs to do the SELT B1 English test or have her foreign degree assessed by ECCTIS (previously NARIC). Both cost the same, English test is quicker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SJ30
Newly Registered

Post by SJ30 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Do we need to prove the english language requirement again for naturalisation even if it is already proven at the time of ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:31 pm

SJ30 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 pm
Do we need to prove the english language requirement again for naturalisation even if it is already proven at the time of ILR?
Yes you do and LIUK. Naturalisation is different rules, UKVI team and requirements and is also not an immigration application.

You cannot use the Points based calculator anymore. She needs a test or a foreign degree assessed.

I hope you are aware that the fees are increasing on 4th October to £1500 for adult Naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.