ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days rule

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

intoage
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

28 days rule

Post by intoage » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:12 pm

I have received my visa on 14 September. My joining date is 1st of October. But my mother need urgent medical emergency. I need at lease one month to take care her. I sent an email to my employer to change my start date to 1st of November. They are ok with it. But i am confused with 28 days rule. Do my employer need to report to home office or if they give me updated job offer letter will work. Outside Uk

manci
Respected Guru

Re: 28 days rule

Post by manci » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:47 pm

intoage wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:12 pm
am confused with 28 days rule. Do my employer need to report to home office or if they give me updated job offer letter will work. Outside Uk
If the start date is delayed by more than 28 days your sponsor will inform the HO and provide the reasons for the delay. If you or your sponsor want to update the offer letter that is fine but not necessary from an immigration perspective.