ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Total number of absences normally disregarded regarding Citizenship requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Total number of absences normally disregarded regarding Citizenship requirement

Post by travelagain1 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:53 am

Hi

This question was regarding the 90 days absence for residency requirement in the last 12 months.

Looking at this link - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark11

It states-
Total number of absences normally disregarded 100 days
Now I am planning to apply last week of October 2023 as I would have met all the requirements on that date to apply for citizenship. However, I had to travel outside the UK in November last year for a family medical urgency. So, my total time outside UK in the last 12 months would be 95 days. So my question is that is it still advisable to apply for citizenship in the last week of October 2023 or should I wait ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Total number of absences normally disregarded regarding Citizenship requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:36 am

travelagain1 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:53 am
Hi

This question was regarding the 90 days absence for residency requirement in the last 12 months.

Looking at this link - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark11

It states-
Total number of absences normally disregarded 100 days
Now I am planning to apply last week of October 2023 as I would have met all the requirements on that date to apply for citizenship. However, I had to travel outside the UK in November last year for a family medical urgency. So, my total time outside UK in the last 12 months would be 95 days. So my question is that is it still advisable to apply for citizenship in the last week of October 2023 or should I wait ?
If there is no urgency and you feel you can wait, do wait instead of putting yourself or application on discretion for approval.
Haven said that, if you applies with the stated absence baring any other requirements that is unmet you will be granted. What you quotes states it and HO keeps to it.

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Total number of absences normally disregarded regarding Citizenship requirement

Post by travelagain1 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:16 pm

Thanks.,I guess I'll wait then ... I've finally got appropriate professional referees as I was waiting to having known them for 3 years ..., now I'm trying to balance the other requirements like physically being in the country exactly 5 years before applying, and the 90 day absence in last 12 months requirements. :lol: Just there are so many external factors that can affect a person's life and circumstances... now I need to visit family again later this year, same family related medical which can't be avoided, so if I wait for a few more days then my next trip will again add to the 90 days. So I might have to wait a few more months.