ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extention of GTV dependant visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IMenq
Newly Registered
China

Extention of GTV dependant visa

Post by IMenq » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:53 pm

Hello,

I'm a GTV visa holder approaching the 3-year time to apply for ILR. In the meantime, my dependants need to extend their GTV dependant visas.

Here's some basic info:
Main applicant:
BRP Issued Date 2020.12.28
Expire Date 2024.1.10

Dependants:
BRP Issued Date 2021.1.29
Expire Date 2024.1.10
UK Entry date 2021.2.15

I have two questions:
1. Does the principal applicant need to submit the ILR application before the dependent applicant can submit their application, or is it submitted simultaneously?
2. Should the dependant applicant's renewal be for 2 years or 3 years? Should the visa valid date start from or after January 29, 2021? Or It will be an earlier date which may cause a problem for accumulating the 5-year time for ILR. Would you suggest applying for a 2-year renewal is adequate for this purpose?

Much appreciate your help.

IMenq
Newly Registered
China

Re: Extention of GTV dependant visa

Post by IMenq » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:24 pm

Sorry, made a typo on the second question:

2. Should the dependant applicant's renewal be for 2 years or 3 years? Should the visa valid date start from or after January 29, 2023?Or It will be an earlier date which may cause a problem for accumulating the 5-year time for ILR. Would you suggest applying for a 2-year renewal is adequate for this purpose?

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:53 pm

IMenq wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:53 pm

I have two questions:
1. Does the principal applicant need to submit the ILR application before the dependent applicant can submit their application, or is it submitted simultaneously?
2. Should the dependant applicant's renewal be for 2 years or 3 years? Should the visa valid date start from or after January 29, 2021? Or It will be an earlier date which may cause a problem for accumulating the 5-year time for ILR. Would you suggest applying for a 2-year renewal is adequate for this purpose?

Hi,

I am NOT a moderator on this forum, neither am I an immigration lawyer, but I went through this exact process recently as an applicant, so I can share my experience on your two questions.

1. Dependent applicant will ONLY get the visa validity till the visa validity of the principal applicant. So first you will have to get the ILR, and then apply for extension of your dependent. So that rules out submitting simultaneously. Your case will probably have to be sequential.
2. Dependent applicant's visa extension will be for 3-years, you do NOT get to decide the duration. The validity dates of their new extended visa will be from the date their visa extension will be approved, so it depends when you apply for it and whether you take priority services (which in turn affects approval timelines)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:56 pm

DreamerBeliever wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:53 pm
IMenq wrote:

I have two questions:

Hi,

I am NOT a moderator on this forum, neither am I an immigration lawyer, but I went through this exact process recently as an applicant, so I can share my experience on your two questions.

1. Dependent applicant will ONLY get the visa validity till the visa validity of the principal applicant. So first you will have to get the ILR, and then apply for extension of your dependent. So that rules out submitting simultaneously. Your case will probably have to be sequential.
2. Dependent applicant's visa extension will be for 3-years, you do NOT get to decide the duration. The validity dates of their new extended visa will be from the date their visa extension will be approved, so it depends when you apply for it and whether you take priority services (which in turn affects approval timelines)
Sorry @DreamerBeliever but you are wrong and please refrain from giving incorrect advice - if OP follows your advice, they would in serious trouble.

To answer's @Imenq

1. You SHOULD apply TOGETHER. If your Dependant's visa expires while you are waiting for your ILR (which it most probably will), your dependant will become an overstayer. HO will process your Dependants application together, so it will only be approved after yours is.
2. The earlier answer is correct
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:16 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:56 pm
DreamerBeliever wrote:
IMenq wrote:

I have two questions:

Hi,

Sorry @DreamerBeliever but you are wrong and please refrain from giving incorrect advice - if OP follows your advice, they would in serious trouble.

To answer's @Imenq

1. You SHOULD apply TOGETHER. If your Dependant's visa expires while you are waiting for your ILR (which it most probably will), your dependant will become an overstayer. HO will process your Dependants application together, so it will only be approved after yours is.
Noted @marcnath - my bad. I mistakenly assumed that since main applicant will be applying for ILR and the dependent applicant will be applying simply for a dependent visa extension, so there will be two 'separate' applications, and hence these cannot be 'submitted together'.

Apologies @IMenq for the confusion. Please follow updated advice by @marcnath on your query 1 asked above.

IMenq
Newly Registered
China

Post by IMenq » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:42 pm

Hi marcnath,

Thanks for your reply. It seems we don't need to struggle with the 2 year extension thing as it only has one option for 3 years.

@DreamerBeliever, also thanks for your help and for sharing your experience.

marcnath wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:56 pm
DreamerBeliever wrote:
IMenq wrote:

I have two questions:

Hi,

To answer's @Imenq