ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Enquiry

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jatpunjabi
Pakistan

Student Visa Enquiry

Post by Jatpunjabi » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:35 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to ask couple of questions regarding student visa.
My friend has just completed his BSc in Pakistan and wanted to apply for student visa to study Masters in UK.
He hasn't received his final degree certificate yet. He, however, has result transcript from University showing final grade.
Would he be able to apply without the final certificate or would he have to wait before applying?

Do you have to apply through consultants or one can apply directly to university? Are there any advantages in using consultants?

Does the bank statement (showing the required amount) needs to be supplied at the time of application to the university or at the time of visa application?
I am confused with 28-days rule as it needs to be withing 28 days of visa application?

I read that one can no longer bring dependents after January unless studying PHd or research courses.
Can someone please clarify that MRes would count as research course as per name? (probably a silly question but for the peace of mind)

Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Student Visa Enquiry

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:04 am

These are all questions he needs to ask his university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.