ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with daughters ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishali2010

Help with daughters ILR application

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:34 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the long email

My husband is on ILR. My daughter and myself both on dependent visa (Valid until feb 2024). We both completed 10years legal stay in February this year. I made my application first for ILR on super priority and got approved same day. After few days we made a seperate application only for my daughter on standard route. We choose the type of application as Child settlement as she completed 10years legally in the UK. We also provided my husband ILR brp number and his passport details in the application. We received below email, would really appreciate if some one could please help

'' Thank you for your recent application for Settlement in the UK.

Your application has been made using a Settlement – Family Life application form, which is considered in accordance with criteria laid out in Appendix Settlement Family Life which can be viewed at:
Immigration Rules – Immigration Rules Appendix Settlement Family Life – Guidance – GOV.​UK (www.gov.uk)

However, your immigration history shows that you are not applying as the child of a person (P) who:
(i) has made a valid application for settlement in the UK as a partner or parent based on a 10 year qualifying period, and that application has not been decided; or
(ii) is settled or has become a British citizen, providing P had permission as a partner or parent based on a 10 year qualifying period when P settled.

This is in line with the validity requirements of Appendix Settlement Family Life which state:
Validity requirements for settlement as a dependent child of a partner or parent based on a qualifying period of 10 years
SETF 10.1. A child who is applying for settlement on this route must apply online on the gov.​uk website on the specified form as follows: “Settlement as a Child (including a child aged over 18 already in the UK as a dependent)”.
SETF 10.2. An application for settlement must meet all the following requirements:
(a) any fee must have been paid; and
(b) the applicant must have provided any required biometrics; and
(c) the applicant must have provided a passport or other travel document which satisfactorily establishes their identity and nationality; and
(d) the applicant must be in the UK, and
(e) the applicant must be applying as the child of a person (P) who:
(i) has made a valid application for settlement in the UK as a partner or parent based on a 10 year qualifying period, and that application has not been decided; or
(ii) is settled or has become a British citizen, providing P had permission as a partner or parent based on a 10 year qualifying period when P settled.
SETF 10.3. The applicant must have, or have last had, permission to stay in the UK as a dependent child, unless they were born in the UK.
SETF 10.4. An application which does not meet all the validity requirements for settlement is invalid and may be rejected and not considered.

Accordingly, we would like to give you the opportunity to review your application. If after you have reviewed your application, you choose to submit a further application on another route, please advise us as soon as possible and this will be treated as a variation.

Please could you respond with your decision to: @homeoffice.gov.uk – FAO , Livset 2
Please note, if you wish to vary (change) your application, you will need to submit the correct application for route you wish to apply for within 14 days, pay the application fee, and resubmit your supporting documents.

If you choose not to have your Settlement application varied or do not reply within 14 days of the date of this notification, your application may be rejected as invalid under the validity requirements above and will not be considered.

If you require further advice about your eligibility under the Immigration Rules, visit our website at www.gov.uk/uk-visas-immigration.

If you are unclear about your choices, you are strongly urged to consult with an accredited Immigration Adviser for further guidance.''

Once again, sorry for this long email. Please suggest us what is the best option

Kind regards
Vishali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with daughters ILR application

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:48 pm

You should have applied on form SET(LR) for the child if the child has 10 years legal stay and meets the requirements OR you could have applied on form SET(F).

You were advised of this in April this year when you asked.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/minor-applic ... l#p2111151
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:53 pm

Thank you CR001 for your quick response

Sorry, we did the mistake. What would you suggest us to do now please.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:22 am

vishali2010 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:53 pm
Thank you CR001 for your quick response

Sorry, we did the mistake. What would you suggest us to do now please.
Please note, if you wish to vary (change) your application, you will need to submit the correct application for route you wish to apply for within 14 days, pay the application fee, and resubmit your supporting documents.
You should have applied on form SET(LR) for the child if the child has 10 years legal stay and meets the requirements OR you could have applied on form SET(F).

You were advised of this in April this year when you asked.
The advise remains the same!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:05 am

Thank you for the reply

Is Super priority service available for SET (F) please. Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:20 pm

vishali2010 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:05 am
Thank you for the reply

Is Super priority service available for SET (F) please. Thank you
Yes but also see: Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:20 pm

Hi Zimba

Thank you for your reply

We managed to apply SET F route for my daughter today on super priority service. My husband is her sponsor and the case worker emailed us asking my husband latest tax return to calculate accurate maintanance caluclations. Could you please let me know how much should be the annual income to meet this requirement.

Also, they asked for tenancy agreement. On tenancy agreement the expiry date Apirl 23 and thereafter from month to month, is this ok to provide this agreement as we are still living in the same property

This information must be sent asap so please help.

Kind regards
Vishali

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:43 am

vishali2010 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:20 pm
Hi Zimba

Thank you for your reply

We managed to apply SET F route for my daughter today on super priority service. My husband is her sponsor and the case worker emailed us asking my husband latest tax return to calculate accurate maintanance caluclations. Could you please let me know how much should be the annual income to meet this requirement.

Also, they asked for tenancy agreement. On tenancy agreement the expiry date Apirl 23 and thereafter from month to month, is this ok to provide this agreement as we are still living in the same property Send the TA you got, it is well known after expiration of initial AST, it automatically rolls over and continues. Won't be an issue

This information must be sent asap so please help.

Kind regards
Vishali

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:51 am

Thank you AmazonianX :)