ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to home country after British citizensship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WanderLust007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Traveling to home country after British citizensship

Post by WanderLust007 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am

Hello

Just wanted to ask, I got my British Citizenship after asylum and ILR.

I want to visit my home country but my previous passport is with the home office. I never asked for it back and it’s already expired now.

I want to ask if I should apply for visa to visit my home country or get the old expired passport back from the home office first and apply for old citizenship renunciation/cancellation and then apply for visa to visit home country?

Please guide

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Traveling to home country after British citizensship

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:52 pm

Your question it worrying on many levels. You are suggesting that you wish to return to your home country, the very country you claimed that you could not return to for whatever reason? It would suggest your well founded fear of persecution is a lie. And you are even suggesting that you get your home country passport back to do it, so much for non reliance on the protection from the state you “fled” from.

You are the very type of person that brings the asylum process into disrepute.

Can you return with British Citizenship and a British passport - yes you can, there is nothing in law that prevents this, unfortunately.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Traveling to home country after British citizensship

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:37 am

WanderLust007 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am
Hello

Just wanted to ask, I got my British Citizenship after asylum and ILR.

I want to visit my home country but my previous passport is with the home office. I never asked for it back and it’s already expired now.

I want to ask if I should apply for visa to visit my home country or get the old expired passport back from the home office first and apply for old citizenship renunciation/cancellation and then apply for visa to visit home country?

Please guide
You were on asylum ultimately culminating in British citizenship for protection and or whatever reasons you claimed ab initio.
At the first opportunity of unrestricted travels to and from UK, you are seeking to go to home country; has the situation changed such that you will not be persecuted or require protection? If yes, did you inform HO of such?

Do note that there were cases similar to yours wherein the BC/ILR was revoked as haven been obtained fraudulently/deception.