ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is considered as the application date for an application made online within the UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RiverSong
Newly Registered

What is considered as the application date for an application made online within the UK?

Post by RiverSong » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:28 pm

Is it when you submit the filled form and pay or until the appointment to provide evidence (documents) and biometrics?

I ask because right before submitting the filled form the note below appeared twice just before I paid:

I understand the date of my application will be the date the Home Office receives it and calculations will normally be made on that basis. I understand that the Home Office will use a later date to make calculations where this would benefit my application rather than refusing it.

I understand this may delay my application until I can meet the statutory requirements and it may result in me having to pay an additional fee should application fees increase in the meantime.

So based on this note I’m wondering if I will have to pay the the difference (since I paid the current fee not the new one) because I’m still waiting for one of the referees to send me the declaration so I haven’t booked the appointment yet. Or can I book the appointment now even if I still don’t have that document and would this help me to not have to pay the difference?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What is considered as the application date for an application made online within the UK?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:30 pm

Application date is when you submit and pay online. Bio date is not relevant. You will need to load all documents including referees by the bio memeeting date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Re: What is considered as the application date for an application made online within the UK?

Post by RiverSong » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:34 pm

In understand. Thank you for clarifying this.