ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker dependent visa - Family Consent form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa advice

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:22 am

kbc wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:28 pm
Thanks for the response

What is the earliest time frame for applying for a skilled worker dependent visa based on the planned travel date? For instance, if the intended travel is in January 2024, can the visa application be submitted now, specifying the exact travel date?

Thanks
When is the indicate work start date?
Note that CoS has validity of only 3months and as you were advised above entry into UK must be within three months post Issuance of visa vignette.

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kbc » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:37 am

If I submit the application today and specify a travel date of November 10th, how will the vignette dates be assigned?

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kbc » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:09 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:22 am
kbc wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:28 pm
Thanks for the response

What is the earliest time frame for applying for a skilled worker dependent visa based on the planned travel date? For instance, if the intended travel is in January 2024, can the visa application be submitted now, specifying the exact travel date?

Thanks
When is the indicate work start date?
Note that CoS has validity of only 3months and as you were advised above entry into UK must be within three months post Issuance of visa vignette.
The Cos expiry date is 10th November

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kbc » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:18 am

Sorry, Just summarising the last 2-3 responses

The CoS expiry date is 10th November 2023

Is the CoS expiry date the deadline for submitting the visa application? Or is it required to complete biometrics and travel before the CoS expiry date?

To clarify my previous understanding, I believed I could apply for the skilled worker dependent visa at any time. If this is not the case, could you please advise on alternative methods to bring my family to the UK if the CoS has expired and I am already in the UK on a skilled worker visa?

Furthermore, if I were to submit the application today with a specified travel date of November 9th (before CoS expiry), could you explain how the vignette dates would be assigned?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:21 am

The cos is irrelevant to the dependent visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled worker dependent visa - Family Consent form

Post by kbc » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Dear Board,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification on a few aspects related to my Skilled Worker Dependent Visa application for my partner and child.

During the application process, I marked "Yes" in response to the question: "Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances?" Consequently, I may need to submit a consent letter, which can be found here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the following points to ensure a smooth application process:

Dependents and the "Yes" Response: I marked "Yes" for financial circumstances because they are my dependents. Is this the correct choice, or does it imply something different?

Consent Letter Signing for Children: For my children, who are 5 years old and 1 year old, respectively, is it acceptable to sign the consent letter on their behalf? Given their age, they are not capable of signing themselves.

IHS Confirmation: I've made the necessary payment for my application, obtained an IHS number, and the application proceeded, but I haven't received an explicit email confirmation for one application. I was advised to submit this IHS confirmation mail for biometrics. Is there cause for concern?

I am sincerely grateful for your support and the clarification on these matters.

Thank you for your assistance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker dependent visa - Family Consent form

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:07 am

Who is being relied on to prove financial circumstances and in what way?

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kbc » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:46 am

Thanks for the response

I believe my wife and kids depend on me, and I must provide evidence of my financial circumstances to ensure their livelihood and well-being

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kbc » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:38 pm

Hi Board,

We have an upcoming appointment, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist me in gaining a clearer understanding of the request.

Thanks again

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:35 pm

kbc wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:23 pm
I am writing to seek clarification on a few aspects related to my Skilled Worker Dependent Visa application for my partner and child.
There is no reason why your dependants cannot apply for new visas now but it unclear why they should want to do so?

In August 2023 you posted:
My wife and child have a Skilled Worker Dependent visa until Aug/2024

The guidance for SW dependant visas is here:
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

kbc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kbc » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:40 am

Hi,

There may be some confusion due to the merging of my earlier request.

My previous inquiry was aimed at gaining insights to determine whether it's more suitable for me to file a 5-year or 3-year fresh visa application, taking into account my circumstances and the associated costs. I have since acquired the necessary clarity on this matter so I won't delve into it further

However, the current thread/request is related to understanding how to submit proof as i have submitted the application. I had selected 'Yes' to the question, 'Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances?' on my children's application. This has led to the expectation that I should submit a consent form with an applicant's signature. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Specifically, I would like to inquire about signing the consent letter on behalf of my children, who are 5 years old and 1 year old, respectively. Given their age, they are not capable of signing themselves. Is it acceptable if my wife signs on their behalf, as she applied for the visa independently with them?

Thanks much

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:33 am

kbc wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:40 am
Hi,

There may be some confusion due to the merging of my earlier request.

My previous inquiry was aimed at gaining insights to determine whether it's more suitable for me to file a 5-year or 3-year fresh visa application, taking into account my circumstances and the associated costs. I have since acquired the necessary clarity on this matter so I won't delve into it further

However, the current thread/request is related to understanding how to submit proof as i have submitted the application. I had selected 'Yes' to the question, 'Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances?' on my children's application. This has led to the expectation that I should submit a consent form with an applicant's signature. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Specifically, I would like to inquire about signing the consent letter on behalf of my children, who are 5 years old and 1 year old, respectively. Given their age, they are not capable of signing themselves. Is it acceptable if my wife signs on their behalf, as she applied for the visa independently with them?

Thanks much
Parent or guardian signs on behalf of children and it is accepted across board and not an issue.