ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Qualifying Period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krimurthy
India

ILR- Qualifying Period

Post by krimurthy » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:03 pm

Hello,

Its home coming for me, was here 5 years back when the times were difficult get RCOS due to quota getting breached till Aug in 2018.

Here are some of my details:
Tier 2 Visa application date: 28-Sep-2018
BRP issue Date: 29-Oct-2018
Vignette Strat date: 11-Nov-2018
Arrival date: 18-Nov-2018

What date i can use the earliest for my ILR? Home office says whichever is beneficial to you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR- Qualifying Period

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:36 pm

Brp issue date is the one you can use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:46 pm

Thanks for the response. Somewhere in the forum i read BRP issue date should be after Vignetter start date?

So can i use BRP issue date even though my Vignette start date is 11-Nov-2018?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:55 pm

Yes, you can use the earlier brp date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:03 pm

Hi CR001

In this scenario can i use October 3rd considering my BRP issue date is 29 Oct 2018

29 Oct - 28 Days = should be 1st of october, however am applying on 3rd which is still later than 1st october which should be alright?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:05 pm

1st is the earliest date of eligibility. There is no requirement that you must apply on the earliest date you qualify for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:35 pm

Hi Zimba

Thanks, My query is whether my calculation is accurate or not?

The reason am trying to get it early is because from October 4th it would be expensive due to Visa fee changes.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:43 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:33 pm

Thanks Zimba.

I have got a question in my ILR application asking first entry date which is 18-Nov-18 physically, since am basing my application as per BRP issue date which is 29-Oct-18 i should enter the BRP issue date, right?

One more question for salary i should only mention my base salary right? which excludes benefits allowance which is taxable. Even in my CoS they had mentioned my base salary. Just wanted to confirm.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:47 pm

The date you put on the form has NO effect on your eligibility. Eligibility is determined based on the visa period held only. That question is not important. And for salary, it is the base salary.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:31 am

Thanks Zimba for taking time and responding to me.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Hi Zimba,

I work at XXX and they have given me a letter around employment continuity with salary and all other details.

Around Absence they told me they don't share a document as such, and asked to get the absence details from the people centre and attach that in tabular format under the above reference letter as appendix. Is that okay?

Also my previous firm which is YYYY given me absence letter for 3 years, attesting all the time outside the UK, however there were 20 days which were unpaid days in the year 2021, they have'nt particularly commented on that is that okay?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:33 pm

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:56 pm

@Zimba its not clear in the link you have shared.

Can you please answer to my queries?

Thanks,
Krishna

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:09 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:56 pm
@Zimba its not clear in the link you have shared.

Can you please answer to my queries?

Thanks,
Krishna
You are required to provide evidence as per the rules. Not to make it up as you go.
Where did you get the idea that all that evidence is needed ??
The link tells you clearly what you need to have and what is not needed in a letter. What is not clear ??

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:34 pm

Here is what people centre responded-

Also, please be advised that, our letters are standard and we cannot include your absences. You can use your holiday statement as proof of all your holidays. In order to obtain the document, please contact our team.

You can attach an appendix to the reference letter detailing your absences in a table format

I should wait till tomorrow to find out the document format.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:56 pm

Who told you that you need to submit details of your absences for ILR ? Can you answer this question ??

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:11 pm

I thought that's the case my previous firm confirmed that, however they mentioned as per the details provided by the employee.

I just asked my colleagues at the current firm they said they did not submit anything related ro absence and their ILR got approved.

I think it should be fine then.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:37 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:11 pm
I thought that's the case my previous firm confirmed that, however they mentioned as per the details provided by the employee.

I just asked my colleagues at the current firm they said they did not submit anything related ro absence and their ILR got approved.

I think it should be fine then.
It is not about what people claim. The immigration rules determine what is required.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi Zimba,

I got my ILR this Sunday, was not expecting this as i completed my Biometrics on friday with Priority application.

Thanks for all the help.

Just a query few of my friends lie to their employer that they are in the UK and work from India, i used to think it wont matter for ILR as long as it doesn't exceed 180 days, so one can simply get a absence letter stating they were approved (the holidays) right therefore no impact ILR wise (although there could be actions taken by employer of they find it out)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:00 pm

Lying to an employer could get you fired and reported to the UKVI, but the UKVI has no way of knowing whether you lied to your employer or not. UKVI operates on the premise that if your employer is satisfied with your conduct then your absences as long as they are within the 180 days limit should not affect you

Peacefullife
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Peacefullife » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:30 am

krimurthy wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:41 pm
Hi Zimba,

I got my ILR this Sunday, was not expecting this as i completed my Biometrics on friday with Priority application.

Thanks for all the help.

Just a query few of my friends lie to their employer that they are in the UK and work from India, i used to think it wont matter for ILR as long as it doesn't exceed 180 days, so one can simply get a absence letter stating they were approved (the holidays) right therefore no impact ILR wise (although there could be actions taken by employer of they find it out)
Hi krimurthy,
Can you please let me know have your friends got ILR?