ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA spouse of stamp 1 holder (based on CSEP)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SaturnusK1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Non-EEA spouse of stamp 1 holder (based on CSEP)

Post by SaturnusK1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a non-EEA citizen living in Ireland for about a year and a half. I have a Critical Work Permit.
I recently got married in my home country and want to bring my wife to Ireland. What would be the best course of action in your opinion?
I looked at the processing time for Join Family Visa and it's about 10 11 months now. Is there a faster way? I've heard some people suggest getting a visiting visa and then request join family visa when she gets here.
I would appreciate any advice from you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Non-EEA spouse of stamp 1 holder (based on CSEP)

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:48 pm

She can't switch visa in country. This is only an option for EU/Irish citizens' spouses.

Don't think there's a faster way.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Non-EEA spouse of stamp 1 holder (based on CSEP)

Post by kupuser » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:45 am

The proper way to do it is applying Join Spouse Visa for category A sponsor. The dates on the immigration website are not really accurate. I have heard some people getting the visas earlier than 10 months while others have not received even after 12 months (my case) while the date suggests my wife's application should have been processed a month ago. Make sure you provide as many supporting documents as possible and explain all high value transactions (above 4,000 euros) on your statement to avoid delays.

As for getting visit visa etc. I have also heard this route and my solicitor recommended that to me i.e. bringing your spouse in using visit visa (as it is quicker) and then applying to the minister to allow her to remain (I didn't do this). This is quicker but not the correct route and you might end up in a worse situation if the visa application is refused for any reason.