ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does "your details have been updated in OCI records" mean?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ducky11

What does "your details have been updated in OCI records" mean?

Post by Ducky11 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi all,

I recently renewed my 5 year old daughters British passport, so completed the OCI renewal process via the OCI miscellaneous services section on the OCI website, as her existing OCI is linked to her old British passport.

The application was submitted 6 weeks ago, and the status on the OCI website changed to "your details have been updated in OCI records" about a week ago. What does that imply? Are there any next steps? Do I need to submit any additional documents? Or does it mean that the new OCI that is linked to her new passport is on its way to me in the post?

Thanks,
Ducky

Ducky11

Re: What does "your details have been updated in OCI records" mean?

Post by Ducky11 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:45 pm

* Bump *

:oops: :oops: :wink:

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:38 am

hashirshabbir wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:01 am
The status "your details have been updated in OCI records" means that the Indian government has received and processed your application to update your daughter's OCI records with her new British passport details. There are no next steps or additional documents required at this time.

It is likely that your daughter's new OCI card will be issued and mailed to you within a few weeks. You can check the status of your application on the OCI website to see when it is complete.

Please note that children under 20 do not receive a physical OCI card. However, their new passport details will be linked to their OCI record and will be available to immigration officers when they visit India.
Thank you Hashir.

My daughter has a physical OCI card that is linked to her old passport. Given what you said, am I right in thinking that she will not receive a new OCI card with her new passport details in it, given that she is 5 years old? And her existing OCI card is valid even though it has her old passport details in it?

newrat

Post by newrat » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:43 pm

Hey, did you ever figure this out? Facing the same situation and about to fly to India next month.