ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOOG NEWS , EEA2 ARRIVED !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

engink
Newly Registered

GOOG NEWS , EEA2 ARRIVED !!!

Post by engink » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:27 am

HI GUYS , I RECIEVED MY EEA2 FAMILY PERMIT YESTERDAY :D
I APPLIED 10 APRIL 2008 , AND RECIEVED EXACTLY 8 MONTHS LATER. ON 10 DECEMBER 2008,
I WISH TO GOOD LUCK TO PEOPLE WHO IS STILL WAITING. ENGINK

daria
Newly Registered

Congratulations!

Post by daria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Well done!
All the best!

Tili
Newly Registered

Post by Tili » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:18 am

I applied for my EEA2 on 14.April and still nothing, lucky you. Did you had to send them a lot complain letters, HELP I really won't all this to finish and go home a little bit?

waitingeea2
Newly Registered

hI tILLIilli

Post by waitingeea2 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi Tilli,i also applied on 14th of april.still waiting,my caseworker et.contacted about 1 months ago,n requested for wifes payslip,today is exactly 1 months after.nothing yet.Did anybody contacted u??or requested anything??plzz share!!!

Hi Engikkk,did ur caseworker contacted u????Please share!!!!

engink
Newly Registered

Re: hI tILLIilli

Post by engink » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:05 am

waitingeea2 wrote:Hi Tilli,i also applied on 14th of april.still waiting,my caseworker et.contacted about 1 months ago,n requested for wifes payslip,today is exactly 1 months after.nothing yet.Did anybody contacted u??or requested anything??plzz share!!!

Hi Engikkk,did ur caseworker contacted u????Please share!!!!
yes , my case worker contacted to me. but first she contacted to my lawyer by mail and phone call. she request my passaport . we sent it to her with special delivery number. i waited around 2 weeks then e mailed her asking about what was going on about my file? next they she called me back.in total i waited 4 weeks after sending passaport to ho.so you can email to your case worker if you have the full name. good luck

daria
Newly Registered

Post by daria » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello Engink,
By knowing you caseworker full name, how can I send him an e-mail, if he did not provide me with one?
Let's say his name is Paul Smith, is this going to be psmith@ukba.gov.uk?
I have sent my additional documents on 3 December by registered delivery,did not hear from him since.

Thanks in advance!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:58 pm

I had email contact some time ago, when it was still called IND, and the structure was firstname.surname@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
may be the email-domain still exists, or may be you need to replace ind by ukba. Anyway, it's worth a try.
For example, you can still use the IND website address (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/) and it redirects you to the UKBA website

engink
Newly Registered

Post by engink » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:13 pm

daria wrote:Hello Engink,
By knowing you caseworker full name, how can I send him an e-mail, if he did not provide me with one?
Let's say his name is Paul Smith, is this going to be psmith@ukba.gov.uk?
I have sent my additional documents on 3 December by registered delivery,did not hear from him since.

Thanks in advance!
all we make complains to NORTH WEST COSTUMER SERVICE UNIT IN liverpool.so what i did i used email for eea c omplain unit stating my case worker name .such as to: nwcsu@....... subject : PAUL SMITHSHS( paul smithshs is an example, you should put yor case worker name if you know ) ...i m guessing they forward the email to your case worker. i waited 4 weeks after sending my additional documents. but i didn t sit down and wait for them.i tried hard to get mmy rc before christmass. i heard that, if your application is more than 6 months ho trying to finalise these files before christmass. good luck guys....

jahmicheal
Newly Registered

Post by jahmicheal » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 pm

Many congratulations. Enjoy

megmog

Post by megmog » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 pm

My husband and I are due to apply for the EEA1 Residence card (extension of the family permit I guess) in January. Are you saying that we might be waiting 8 months for a response.... ?!!!

Is my husband still allowed to continue working during this time? Did they send you back your passports in the meantimes or have you been a prisoner in this country since you applied?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 pm

megmog,

for Residence Card applications you need form EEA2, and current waiting times (indeed much longer than the six months permitted by the law) are on the UKBA website: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euciti ... ropeanlaw/ where you can also download the forms. As I and many others on this forum advised, don't send original documents with your application, just photocopies. By the time your application is processed they will ask for the originals and then it is early enough to submit them.
Your right to work is not affected: you should receive a letter (Certificate of Application) straightaway explaining this. But I saw complaints from others that even this COA can take a long time to arrive. Hopefully your husband has a job already, because it may be more difficult to convince employers about your rights without the COA or Residence Card.

megmog

Post by megmog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Sorry, I did mean to sat EEA2.

Is it worth noting in a cover letter that because of the waiting times, we have chosen to withold the original documents until they are requested?

Should that count for all original documents, not just passports?

I mean bank statements etc.

I think it is absolutely shocking that they take so long to process.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 pm

don't be too apologetic in the cover letter (it's not your fault the process takes so long); just say you need your original passports regularly for other purposes (without being specific) and for the rest: documents about which you are sure that you don't need them in the near future, include them already and for the rest just wait and see how much more documents they request (usually they request many more than are actually needed)

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:12 am

megmog wrote:Is it worth noting in a cover letter that because of the waiting times, we have chosen to withold the original documents until they are requested?
Just state that you intend to travel during the next 6 months, and you will supply the documents when asked for.
Should that count for all original documents, not just passports?
If you like, yes.