ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled visa is Getting Delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Switching visa - General Information

Post by vvd2212 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:08 pm

My new employer is waiting for the COS to come from the Home office. My visa end on july 26 can i stay in the uk with the COS application number or should i have to go and get an applaiction for FLR for 2 weeks or any other suggestions are Most help full.

razergd1
Israel

Re: Switching visa - General Information

Post by razergd1 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:43 pm

Your only option in my view is to go back to your country before your leave expires.
Putting an invalid application might be a problem as FLR application may require you to put a settled family member details in it.
If you do go back you will require a defined COS to come back.
I also suggest you wait for other forum members as they might have better suggestion.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:00 pm

vvd2212 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:08 pm
My new employer is waiting for the COS to come from the Home office. My visa end on july 26 can i stay in the uk with the COS application number or should i have to go and get an applaiction for FLR for 2 weeks or any other suggestions are Most help full.
No, COS application is not an immigration application hence does not co for on you right of continued legal stay while it is in process

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Skilled visa is Getting Delayed

Post by vvd2212 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:20 pm

Hi,

I've applied for my care visa, I've requested the visa, and I'm awaiting the decision. On August 16, 2023, I submitted my application. Can I phone HMRC for the latest information?
I have dropped a General Visa on it. Not a Priority One.

I'm grateful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled visa is Getting Delayed

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:24 pm

HMRC deals with tax not immigration applications which are dealt with by UKVI. The third party call centre agency wont be able to give you an update as such either.

Did you apply from abroad?

When was your biometric appointment?

Applications can take 8 weeks and sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm

I have applied with in Uk. My BRP was Doenon 20-Aug-2023

Waiting for the decision.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:39 pm

vvd2212 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:08 pm
So you had no valid visa when you applied online on 16th August? So you are an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:39 pm

This is what the Messege from my Home office on the applaiction Just before 10 Mins

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within fifteen working days from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application currently as we require additional information/ action from your sponsor.

Please note, as we have requested additional information for us to conclude your application, it may not be possible to make a decision within service standard in this instance.

This is because your sponsor has not paid the Immigration Skills Charge, we have wrote to your sponsor separately to request this payment.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how we use personal data. For details of how we will use your personal information and who we may share it with please see our Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itizenship. This also explains your key rights under the Act, how you can access your personal information and how to complain if you have concerns[/b][/b]

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:39 pm

This is what the Messege from my Home office on the applaiction Just before 10 Mins

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within fifteen working days from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application currently as we require additional information/ action from your sponsor.

Please note, as we have requested additional information for us to conclude your application, it may not be possible to make a decision within service standard in this instance.

This is because your sponsor has not paid the Immigration Skills Charge, we have wrote to your sponsor separately to request this payment.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how we use personal data. For details of how we will use your personal information and who we may share it with please see our Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itizenship. This also explains your key rights under the Act, how you can access your personal information and how to complain if you have concerns[/b][/b]

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:41 pm

I have applied for my visa on the Extension, which is the already approved and then later I have switched to general visa.

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:37 pm

I have already updated the Issues to my Sponsor, Any inputs would be happy to accpet along.

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:26 am

My Sponsor has not recevied any Update on the IHS, any suggestions Please.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 pm

IHS has nothing to do with the Immigration Skills Charge.

The email sent by UKVI is telling you what's going on and what steps should be followed to process your application.
vvd2212 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:39 pm

This has to be resolved by your employer/sponsor, not you. UKVI contacted the employer and - the other way round - they can contact UKVI too if needed.

The email also says that this request will delay processing your application. There's nothing you can do at this stage but to wait!

Queeny123
Newly Registered
England

Re: Skilled visa is delayed

Post by Queeny123 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:04 pm

Hello

Could someone please share the direct email address to the Immigration Skills Charge team please.

I got an email saying they requested for my employer to pay the ISC but they actually didn't receive any email or link.. I am worried about time getting overdue.

Thanks

myyyyyyyyyy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by myyyyyyyyyy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 pm

Queeny123 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:04 pm
Hello

Could someone please share the direct email address to the Immigration Skills Charge team please.

I got an email saying they requested for my employer to pay the ISC but they actually didn't receive any email or link.. I am worried about time getting overdue.

Thanks
Hello .Do you have any update for this case?I got the same situation now and my employer has awaited 4 working days but still no email comes through,

user_one
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by user_one » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:54 am

I had applied on the 17th of August for switching from one skilled worker permit to another (priority application). Received an email from the UKVI saying that they need further information regarding my employers’ requirement to pay Immigration Skill Charge.
My employer chased they to for a top-up link, after several back and forth email they finally sent the link on the 12th September. My employer paid on the same day.
I am now waiting for the outcome. It is the 7th working day now, I initially thought my application will be considered within 5 working days after paying the top-up.
For those who did not receive the top-up link. Ask your employer to email the business help desk (businesshelpdesk@homeoffice.gov.uk)

MaciePie
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by MaciePie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:44 pm

Hi, I am in the exact situation as yours. It's my 6th working day today after the company paid the ISC fee.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:32 pm

Likely you all might have received an email from UKVI with a similar wording than the one received by the OP, i.e.:
The fact that UKVI requested additional information may delay the process. The "service standard" there refers to the usual timescale for a straightforward application, it does not matter you paid for a priority or super-priority service. It's not guaranteed that you will have a response exactly within 5 working days after submission of the additional information requested.

If there is something extraordinary that can delay the application and not attributable to UKVI - as in these cases - the speed of getting an outcome might be impacted.

You need to be patient!

Queeny123
Newly Registered
England

Post by Queeny123 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:40 pm

myyyyyyyyyy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 pm
Queeny123 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:04 pm
Hello

Thanks
Hello .Do you have any update for this case?I got the same situation now and my employer has awaited 4 working days but still no email comes through,
Hello, your sponsor will get an email from ISC team in about 5 working days after UKVI sent you that email. Ask them to check their spam too.

That's what happened for my case.
There are separate home office departments coordinating a visa application.. Hope that helps.

myyyyyyyyyy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by myyyyyyyyyy » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:12 am

Hi

Thank you for your reply

I got the email last Thursday and my sponser still yet got the information from ISC team (7th working day)

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:52 pm

Hello There,

My employeer has Already paied the Additional IHS Requested By home office, but still Ihave ot recevied My visa yet, so any advise would be Better Please.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:51 pm

vvd2212 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:52 pm
Hello There,

My employeer has Already paied the Additional IHS Requested By home office, but still Ihave ot recevied My visa yet, so any advise would be Better Please.
Wait to receive the visa.

myyyyyyyyyy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by myyyyyyyyyy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:15 pm

Hello everyone

I received the email 2 weeks ago which said my sponser needs pay ISC ,however my sponer still has yet received any inform now. We have together checked the spam folder and confirm nothing come to us.How long it usually takes to proceed?

user_one
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by user_one » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:16 pm

I understand your frustration. I received my link after three weeks (and after chasing them for a long time). Ask your employer to contact the business helpdesk or the ISC admin team. It is your sponsors responsibility to fix it as they are the one who messed it up in the first place.

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:39 pm

Hello all ,

Any idea of the waiting time or Time span(Weeks) for visa decision after paying the additional IHS Please.
any info would Help

Thank you.