ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

email received from home office delay with application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Child application MN1 section 3(1)

Post by moona18 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:28 pm

Hello all,
I'm making an application for my son (French national, adopted by us here in France- me British, my husband french) for british citizenship under section 3(1) of the MN1 form and I am just about to get my documents to post. I have a question regarding the official documents to be sent with this application for my son. He is a French national and has a passport and ID card. Can someone confirm if I need to send the originals to the Home office or will a copy do? If I must send the original, can I send his ID card instead of his passport as we may be going on holiday this summer.
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you
Moona

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Re: Child application MN1 section 3(1)

Post by moona18 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:42 am

Following on from my post, I would just like to clarify that the application under section 3(1) is for registration at the Home secretary's discretion. Also, I will be posted out my son's birth certificate

Thank you

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:54 pm

anyone able to help at all?

Also, does anyone know the address to post supporting documents to, please? I'm making an application online but as i'm abroad, i need to post out all the relevant supporting documents.
thanks

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Fri May 26, 2023 2:21 pm

Can anyone help at all??

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 26, 2023 2:58 pm

You will get a response when someone with appropriate knowledge of you enquiry comes across it.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:28 pm

moona18 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:54 pm
anyone able to help at all?

Also, does anyone know the address to post supporting documents to, please? I'm making an application online but as i'm abroad, i need to post out all the relevant supporting documents.
thanks
When you submit/pay your application you should receive a reference number and address for posting the documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:42 pm

thank you for your help.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:42 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:58 pm
You will get a response when someone with appropriate knowledge of you enquiry comes across it.
thank you

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Documents posted for MN1 application from abroad

Post by moona18 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:09 pm

Hello all,
I'm applying for british citizenship for my son under 3(1) of the MN1 form under the Home secretary's discretion. We live abroad and I completed the application online, then I was asked, at the end of my application, to post all documents within 30 days which I did. i posted everything out and according to the tracking website, the documents were delivered on the 6th of June. I'm probably being too impatient but I have not heard anything regarding the biometrics that need to be done.
My question is, in general how long is the wait after submitting the documents before I am contacted? The only confirmation emails I have are after I submitted the application form and paid the fee.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents posted for MN1 application from abroad

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:39 pm

It can take a few months to receive biometric instructions.

As your child was adopted, be prepared for a bit of a wait as many checks will need to be done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:36 am

Thank you

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:10 pm

Just another question if I may please?
I asked for my son's passport and my birth certificate to be returned to me asap. Is this something they can do before a decision is made? Do you know generally how long they take or when they return original documents please?
thank you once again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:15 pm

Originals are usually returned after the decision is made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:00 pm

thanks for the info

moona18
Newly Registered
France

BIOMETRICS: Documents posted for MN1 application from abroad

Post by moona18 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:16 pm

Hello,

we have my son's biometrics appointment in paris, for his child citizenship application, and I was wondering if we need to take anything with us?

Nothing was mentioned when I made the application, and all supporting documents were posted to the UKVI Liverpool office. I'll take our ID for verification purposes.

If anyone has any adivce, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:20 pm

If you are thinking of documents to take then ID is what you need to take. The biometrics people won’t review documents that’s done by UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:47 am

Thank you for your help

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:04 am

Hello again,

My son had his biometrics taken yesterday and the lady who took them said the only confirmation we would receive is an email saying the biometrics have been submitted. I haven't received the email yet, so I was wondering if they send emails out after all biometrics and how long I should expect to wait for it for?
thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:42 am

moona18 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:04 am
Hello again,

My son had his biometrics taken yesterday and the lady who took them said the only confirmation we would receive is an email saying the biometrics have been submitted. I haven't received the email yet, so I was wondering if they send emails out after all biometrics and how long I should expect to wait for it for?
thanks
You may and you may not receive a confirmation, there is no method to it.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:04 pm

thank you

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:28 pm

Hello again,

I've just been on the TLS website, where i booked the appointment, and I can see this message:
"Your application process has started on 4 Oct 2023 at 11:09. Some of the documents are missing or not compliant with the Mission's requirements."

The lady who did the biometrics was asking why we had my son's French ID card and why we didnt have his french passport. I explained that the passport was sent as supporting documents, as it was asked for. She checked with her supervisor who said the ID is fine, so she processed it all.

Has anyone seen this message before or know what, if anything, I should do at this stage, please?

Thanks once again

moona18
Newly Registered
France

email received from home office delay with application

Post by moona18 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:04 pm

Hello All,

I've received the below email from the home office. My son's application is under discretion of the home secretary 3(1), as he was adopted by us in France and we live here too. I know it's not the standard type of application but should i start worrying or is this email sent to most people who have had complex cases but eventually got an approval?

Thanks. Moona

Here is the email:

Dear Parent,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your child’s case, unfortunately it appears your child’s application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your child’s application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your child’s case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Yours sincerely

Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration

alterhase58
Germany

Re: email received from home office delay with application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:10 pm

It's impossible to tell from the email that there's a problem with the application as such and what it might be.
We see many reports from applicants with the same or similar wording. There is an assumption that UKVI are just late with processing the application - I don't recall any details reported as to what the exceptional circumstances are/were.
So on the face of it it means carry on waiting, and/or maybe try and reply and ask what is "exceptional".

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:21 pm

moona18 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:04 pm
Hello All,

I've received the below email from the home office. My son's application is under discretion of the home secretary 3(1), as he was adopted by us in France and we live here too. I know it's not the standard type of application but should i start worrying or is this email sent to most people who have had complex cases but eventually got an approval?

Thanks. Moona

Here is the email:

Dear Parent,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your child’s case, unfortunately it appears your child’s application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your child’s application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your child’s case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Yours sincerely

Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration
If they need additional documentation they will ask for it. It is a stressful time, you can ask if there is a specific issue that they are trying to address but it may well take them a while to respond. I wonder what MP you may want to write to as you live abroad - maybe the one for your last British postcode?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:47 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:10 pm
It's impossible to tell from the email that there's a problem with the application as such and what it might be.
We see many reports from applicants with the same or similar wording. There is an assumption that UKVI are just late with processing the application - I don't recall any details reported as to what the exceptional circumstances are/were.
So on the face of it it means carry on waiting, and/or maybe try and reply and ask what is "exceptional".
Thank you for your help alterhase58, i really appreciate it. I'll wait for a couple of months and if still no news, then i'll contact them again.