ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dave75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Documents

Post by Dave75 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:55 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help me here!

I'm about to put in my application for ILR but I can't find the council tax cost letter anymore. During the application, it says its not mandatory but preferred. I'm worried about this, can the application be refused because of this.

For the 6 letter of correspondence, I have 1 joint letter for me and my spouse and 5 letters addressed individually to us. Is this okay or does it have to be 6 individual letters each?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Documents

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:01 am

Dave75 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:55 pm
Hi,

Can anyone help me here!

I'm about to put in my application for ILR but I can't find the council tax cost letter anymore. During the application, it says its not mandatory but preferred. I'm worried about this, can the application be refused because of this. No

For the 6 letter of correspondence, I have 1 joint letter for me and my spouse and 5 letters addressed individually to us. Is this okay or does it have to be 6 individual letters each?
People have provided less and more with no issues.
1 joint letter = 2 individual letters, so you need 5 individual letters from each of you.

Dave75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dave75 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:01 am
Dave75 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone help me here!

I'm about to put in my application for ILR but I can't find the council tax cost letter anymore. During the application, it says its not mandatory but preferred. I'm worried about this, can the application be refused because of this. No

1 joint letter = 2 individual letters, so you need 5 individual letters from each of you.
Thank you. If I was to get another letter from the council but dated after the submission date, do you recommend I submit it or just not upload any council tax cost letter.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:34 am

Dave75 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Dave75 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone help me here!

Thank you. If I was to get another letter from the council but dated after the submission date, do you recommend I submit it or just not upload any council tax cost letter.
Documents in support pf application should be dated before or by application submission date.

Dave75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dave75 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:33 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:34 am
Dave75 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Dave75 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone help me here!

Documents in support pf application should be dated before or by application submission date.
Can I submit the council tax cost letter for 2021/2022 - Address is still the same.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:44 pm

ANY document can be used for cohabitation evidence. You do not need to be concerned about WHAT documents you send. A letter dated after the date of application that covers cohabitation evidence before the date of application is perfectly fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dave75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dave75 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:38 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:44 pm
ANY document can be used for cohabitation evidence. You do not need to be concerned about WHAT documents you send. A letter dated after the date of application that covers cohabitation evidence before the date of application is perfectly fine
Hi Zimba, a new council tax letter will only show cost for the coming months and not for the previous months. Should I still get the new letter and upload or use the 2021/2022 council tax letter

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:41 pm

Dave75 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:38 pm
zimba wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:44 pm
Hi Zimba, a new council tax letter will only show cost for the coming months and not for the previous months. Should I still get the new letter and upload or use the 2021/2022 council tax letter
Use the old letter.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice