ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative Review refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LucasFa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Administrative Review refusal

Post by LucasFa » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:09 am

Hello everyone!

I'm an EU national living in the UK with my settled EU national partner (we're not married) and our two kids who have dual citizenship (French and UK). Last year, on August 15, 2022, my application for pre-settled/settled status was denied because of interruptions in my previous stay in the UK due to COVID lockdowns and restrictions. The AIRE centre, a charity with immigration lawyers/advisors, helped me request an Administrative Review. We asked them to consider not only my previous stay but also my family situation as a joining family member.

To my surprise, during a job interview yesterday when asked for my share code, I received a message stating:
"Date of decision: 6 October 2023. You should have received a letter or email from the Home Office confirming this and explaining what to do next, including if you have continuing rights to stay in the UK. If you think this is wrong, or the Home Office has not updated you, contact UK Visas and Immigration."

I didn't receive any prior email about this, and the AIRE center hasn't been informed either (as they submitted the request using their email linked to my UAN).

I'm not sure why my application was refused, and I initially thought it might be due to new administrative review rules since October 5, 2023. However, I don't have any documents to clarify this.

My current employer is terminating my contract following this refusal, and I'm unsure about my rights and the next steps. I'm very concerned and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks to all for any help!