ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do bank statements need to be dated before application date?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jaskki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Do bank statements need to be dated before application date?

Post by Jaskki » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:48 pm

I am applying for a 6 month visitor visa for my pakistani father.

Do bank statements need to be dated before application date? I am asking as it the answer is no then i can apply now and book the appointment as early as possible (when the documents will be issued).

Also, my father does not need sponsoring and will be providing his employment+bank statements but will it strengthen the application i provide my savings account? Or is this irrelevant ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Do bank statements need to be dated before application date?

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:59 am

Jaskki wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:48 pm
I am applying for a 6 month visitor visa for my pakistani father.

Do bank statements need to be dated before application date? I am asking as it the answer is no then i can apply now and book the appointment as early as possible (when the documents will be issued). You can use the bank statements if they aren't too far apart from the date you submitted online. Most people fill the visiting form first before they start getting their documents together to attend the VAC for biometrics.

Also, my father does not need sponsoring and will be providing his employment+bank statements but will it strengthen the application i provide my savings account? Or is this irrelevant ? If he's self sufficient, then what you add doesn't really do much. You need to still to add proof of your immigration status, and an invite letter.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!