ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yas17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Refugee citizenship application

Post by Yas17 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:26 pm

Hello,
I am due to apply for naturalisation application, UK refugee route, is it compulsory to pass English test or refugees exempt, please.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Refugee citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:28 pm

Yas17 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:26 pm
Hello,
I am due to apply for naturalisation application, UK refugee route, is it compulsory to pass English test or refugees exempt, please.

Thanks in advance
Yes - even if you were exempt from it for earlier applications. Plus you need the LITUK test.
Check the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark20
There's only one naturalisation application .... whatever route you took in immigration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refugee citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:44 pm

Yas17 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:26 pm
Hello,

Thanks in advance
You are not exempt from English B1 or LIUK tests. Any exemptions that you might have had as a refugee ended with ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.