ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meself2
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:18 pm

They might just put most (if not all) folks onto ceremony stuff (printing/sending/etc certificates); don't think there were any approvals or even acknowledgements recently.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:30 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:05 pm
Has anyones applications progressed this week ? My evetting was completed and disclosure viewed on 4 Sept and I had hoped to be a part of the October ceremony ( i am a 22 applicant) but no cigar ! I then hoped to hear this week on progress and have heard nothing ? I have checked a few of the boards cant see any progress for anyone else either so I am wondering what is going on and whether there is halt in service ?
Well My Disclosure was viewed on 11 Aug, was hoping to be part of Oct ceremony but no words since then. heard they might have another ceremony in december so fingers crossed.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:44 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:30 pm
Bluebird71 wrote:
Has anyones applications progressed this week ? My evetting was completed and disclosure viewed on 4 Sept and I had hoped to be a part of the October ceremony ( i am a 22 applicant) but no cigar ! I then hoped to hear this week on progress and have heard nothing ? I have checked a few of the boards cant see any progress for anyone else either so I am wondering what is going on and whether there is halt in service ?
Well My Disclosure was viewed on 11 Aug, was hoping to be part of Oct ceremony but no words since then. heard they might have another ceremony in december so fingers crossed.
Thank you. its just a little frustrating that there is just no visibility at all but I guess i am not alone. Yes I heard that they are planning for another 6 ceremonies hoping for one in November but I guess we have to wait to hear and wait to hear whether the applications are accepted or not ? I am just a little at a loss as i know 2023 applications are being processed faster but the lack of progress of us in the backlogs means it would have probably been quicker to pull the application and reaaplly this year as we might have actually had some feedback then ...... I got the evetting invite in May with the rest of the 12000 people and then heard nothing until 26 August I jumped at the submission thinking yay its progressing but then ............. nothing!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:23 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:30 pm
Bluebird71 wrote:
This goes directly to my postings in the Upcoming 2023 Ceremony topic. They have more approved applicants than room to support them in these ceremonies. They should, at this point, waive the ceremonies so approved applicants can get on with their lives instead of sitting around and waiting many more months hoping to be invited to the next one. It's especially pointless as their legislation that allows the MoJ to do this very thing which I have just written to TD's about.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:47 pm

From a poll in a Facebook group, out of 188 votes received in May for ISD invitations, 94 votes currently indicate that they have not yet received an NVB link.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm

ILLL wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:47 pm
From a poll in a Facebook group, out of 188 votes received in May for ISD invitations, 94 votes currently indicate that they have not yet received an NVB link.
I'm not on facebook, but found a bit comfort from that, so thanks, especially since I haven't received an NVB link since 22 May 2023. I'm not sure whether I fall under 2022 or 2023 applicant category, as I submitted in Dec 2022, and got acknowledgement in March 2023.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:18 pm

logicalthinker52 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm
ILLL wrote:
I'm not on facebook, but found a bit comfort from that, so thanks, especially since I haven't received an NVB link since 22 May 2023. I'm not sure whether I fall under 2022 or 2023 applicant category, as I submitted in Dec 2022, and got acknowledgement in March 2023.
You’ve raised a very good point. How do they determine the 2021 and 2022 applicants? Is it based on the time we sent the application and when they received it? Or is it based on when they registered the application? If it’s based on the registration time, then I believe a significant number of people will be even more disappointed (including myself).

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:30 pm

ILLL wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:18 pm
logicalthinker52 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm
ILLL wrote:
You’ve raised a very good point. How do they determine the 2021 and 2022 applicants? Is it based on the time we sent the application and when they received it? Or is it based on when they registered the application? If it’s based on the registration time, then I believe a significant number of people will be even more disappointed (including myself).
Because they can justify that they have processed most of the applications from 2021-2022 (with application numbers starting with 21 or 22).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:39 pm

It might be based on registration time - I had my application sent in December '21, but got it registered with -22 number, so I assume I was counted as '22 applicant.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:50 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:39 pm
It might be based on registration time - I had my application sent in December '21, but got it registered with -22 number, so I assume I was counted as '22 applicant.
Almost half of the 2022 applicants have the application number with 23. :shock:

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:19 am

I asked my solicitor this very questions when it took them 5 months to acknowledge my application and this amount of time tipped me over into 2023. He said the 19 month processing timeline starts from when they received it, not when they acknowledged it regardless of the number it's assigned. It makes sense as the average acknowledgement time was ~7 months prior to the new process which started in 2023. So I would say that if you applied in 2022, you're a 2022 applicant as that's when it was received.

That said, you really shouldn't be concerned with the number you received, rather, the 19 month completion timeline they originally gave many of us.

The saddest part of this is the absolute void of information of this entire process. It really shouldn't be a mystery for an applicant to know exactly where they are in the process, yet it is. If I didn't know about this forum and others in my situation, I would be completely confused as to why I received an evetting invitation back in May and still have not received the evetting link (or any other information) in October.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:57 am

sairsint wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:19 am
I asked my solicitor this very questions when it took them 5 months to acknowledge my application and this amount of time tipped me over into 2023. He said the 19 month processing timeline starts from when they received it, not when they acknowledged it regardless of the number it's assigned. It makes sense as the average acknowledgement time was ~7 months prior to the new process which started in 2023. So I would say that if you applied in 2022, you're a 2022 applicant as that's when it was received.

That said, you really shouldn't be concerned with the number you received, rather, the 19 month completion timeline they originally gave many of us.

The saddest part of this is the absolute void of information of this entire process. It really shouldn't be a mystery for an applicant to know exactly where they are in the process, yet it is. If I didn't know about this forum and others in my situation, I would be completely confused as to why I received an evetting invitation back in May and still have not received the evetting link (or any other information) in October.
I understand your perspective. If the DoJ announces they will process the majority of the applications from ’21 and ’22, given their current rate, they might use the application numbers as a reason to justify their progress. Because no one can truly pinpoint which applications remain pending. Although the total timeframe is presumably based on a 19-month reference, by the end of this year, if the DoJ claims to have processed most of the ’21 and ‘22 applications, and many are still waiting, I wouldn’t be shocked. They would indeed have a plausible excuse. In such a scenario, as you mentioned, transparency becomes increasingly crucial.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:50 am

We will never really know, but I would think those of us 13,000 that received the evetting link in May will likely have a decision by end of year. Not necessarily naturalised, but at least a decision granted.

That 13,000 is a data point which can be used for tracking applications, so it’s in their best interest to follow through.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 am

sairsint wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:19 am
Very useful info. I too tipped over to 2023. I've applied in 08/22 and got the ack letter in 01/23 . I havent heard from anybody since though. based on some of the timelines shared here i believe i should have received the evetting invite. I emailed them once and asked if maybe they got my email address wrong or something but as expected havent heard from anybody. My friend forwarded me the email he received from the head of citizenship division about the new process. I havent received that either. They only have 3 months left to process applications from 21 and 22. Highly doubt they can pull it off.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am

cnbyz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 am
They only have 3 months left to process applications from 21 and 22. Highly doubt they can pull it off.
They won't and they never committed to it, unfortunately.
Just said that these applicants are planned to be invited/are expected to be invited/etc.
Our expectation is that applicants from each of the years below will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:15 am

Just said that these applicants are planned to be invited/are expected to be invited/etc.
Our expectation is that applicants from each of the years below will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023.
If i know the Irish, they would refrain from sharing any timeline unless they were 100% sure. I am still optimistic :-)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:20 am

As we caught at least one approval rolling in, I'm optimistic as well, as they tend to send approvals before the ceremony, but time will tell.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:21 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am
cnbyz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 am
They only have 3 months left to process applications from 21 and 22. Highly doubt they can pull it off.
Even that wording has recently changed from the MoJ. The citizenship department letter that came out earlier this year stated they expect to naturalise the majority of 2021/2 and 23 applicants this year. The MoJ has recently said decisions should be made on these applications by end of year, no longer using the word naturalised.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:36 pm

Even that wording has recently changed from the MoJ. The citizenship department letter that came out earlier this year stated they expect to naturalise the majority of 2021/2 and 23 applicants this year. The MoJ has recently said decisions should be made on these applications by end of year, no longer using the word naturalised.
given that i havent even received the evetting invite yet , i am ok with only a decision.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:04 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:36 pm
given that i havent even received the evetting invite yet , i am ok with only a decision.
That is certainly strange as we appear to have applied and received an acknowledgment around the same time. You very likely should have been part of the 13,000 evetting invitations sent out on 22 May. While your case might have something which prevented this, they should tell you especially as it's publicly known these invitations have been sent out. Their Helpdesk is relatively useless but it does generate a ticket, so I would send something over and over again until they respond.

This entire process is madness.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:30 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:04 pm
cnbyz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:36 pm
That is certainly strange as we appear to have applied and received an acknowledgment around the same time. You very likely should have been part of the 13,000 evetting invitations sent out on 22 May. While your case might have something which prevented this, they should tell you especially as it's publicly known these invitations have been sent out. Their Helpdesk is relatively useless but it does generate a ticket, so I would send something over and over again until they respond.

This entire process is madness.
Do you find this helpful? I am aware that this increases the pressure on them, but they never respond to applicants. I believe the only times I have received a response from them were when my solicitor sent the letter by mail and email and they responded immediately.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:49 pm

Do you find this helpful? I am aware that this increases the pressure on them, but they never respond to applicants. I believe the only times I have received a response from them were when my solicitor sent the letter by mail and email and they responded immediately.
a friend of mine told me the same. he said sending a letter worked for him

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:49 pm

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:16 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:49 pm
I guess we should all send them letters haha

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:53 pm

Okay looks like some movement. 2 of guys get approval letter today. one Diclosure was viewed on Sep and another in July..

Thread: Citizen timelines of 2021 and 2022.