ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-MN1 query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DKV
India

ILR-MN1 query

Post by DKV » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

One of my friend has acquired his ILR from Set LR route last year. His son was born in the UK in 2017 when my friend was on Tier 2 visa.

My friend got his ILR from Set LR route so his wife and son are on flrm route at the moment. He applied for MN1 for his son 3 months ago and is waiting for the outcome.

Now his son's visa expires at the end of this month so is it ok to wait for MN1 outcome or does he risk becoming an overstayer?

Please can someone reply.

Many thanks,

DKV

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR-MN1 query

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 am

Fine to wait.

He does become an overstayer but this has no effect on his mn1 application as he has an entitlment to register as british.

Free nhs use is the issue once his visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DKV
India

Re: ILR-MN1 query

Post by DKV » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:39 am

Thanks CR001