ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed, regarding post study visa funds ....

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karanseth_2004
Newly Registered

urgent help needed, regarding post study visa funds ....

Post by karanseth_2004 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:11 pm

My visa expires on 31st January 2009, and since i ve completed by bachelors degree so I want to apply for PSW visa for which i had maintained 800 pound since oct 1 but unfortunately, from 21st to 24th oct i had 760 [less than 800], so i have 3 options now, I want ur help in order to choose the right way out.
1) either i can apply the normally on 15th Jan. by submitting oct , nov and dec bank statement.
2) or I can take nov, dec and jan statement and apply on 31st jan by same day delivery.
3) or I can get the statement form 25 oct to 25 nov [as 1 month] and apply on 27th January.

So, I am really confused as I dont know which option should I go for. Waiting for your reply......

Thankx-
Karan.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:15 am

I think option 3 would pay you better as then you would have 90 days worth of bank statement showing £800. Just make sure the bank statement is stamped or is on the official letter head by the bank. Or better still wait till the 31st of Jan and send it by recorded delivery, it is accepted as day of receipt by the HO.

Any other opinions guys?
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Re: urgent help needed, regarding post study visa funds ....

Post by Kev-in » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Dear karanseth_2004,

As also pointed out by Diopka, the 3rd option is the best option to avoid any chances of getting a refusal in the future. Its always better to be safe than sorry later. Show your statements for 90 days beginning from 25th October-right through to 25th January. After this date put your application through.

Very important: Do not talk to-up in between this time on your account as it will prove very very costly believe me when i say this. Students have been refused for reason that seem silly to us, but the home office will go by their rule books, they are getting very strict which is quite annoying sometimes as they do not seem to understand their own rules.

To be on the safer side i would suggest, if you have extra funds sleeping in other accounts transfer them to this account for the time being or borrow (200 GBP) from trusted friends and deposit it asap. You can work your mule off and pay them off later. Dont try living on the edge with the HO by maintaining exactly GBP 800. You never know unknowingly you may swipe your card and then regret later. Make sure that card disappears from your wallet into your drawer/locker for the next 3 months. Take care. All the best.

Kev-in

karanseth_2004
Newly Registered

Post by karanseth_2004 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 am

hey thankx guys , really appreaciate your help ....

but another problem now m facing is the bank statements. the bank says statements r gona take atleast 8-10 days to reach ma place. I requested them n even said, that i can pay th courier money but i want urgent work , but they refused. :( ....

So, now i have to choose between the various options

1) either online statements, from 27th oct to 27th jan [where i have more than 800] and get them stamped n singed.

2) or a letter from the bank original letter head, saying i have 800 for 3 months atleast n bla bla ....

Need ur help guyz ...................

Kev-in
Newly Registered

You have no options !!

Post by Kev-in » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:22 pm

[quote="karanseth_2004"]

1) either online statements, from 27th oct to 27th jan [where i have more than 800] and get them stamped n singed.

2) or a letter from the bank original letter head, saying i have 800 for 3 months atleast n bla bla ....

Dear Karanseth_2004,

I dont think you have any options here at all, I think you should do both get the online statements stamped n signed and the letter from the bank as well. i think you require both of these as evidence cuz you are providing them with online statements so the letter from the bank needs to state the authenticity of the statements and the bla bla...stuff as required. Take Care.

Kev-in

karanseth_2004
Newly Registered

Visa help .....

Post by karanseth_2004 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:14 pm

hey , thankx brov

I ll make sure, then i ll do dat

mscorpio

Re: Visa help .....

Post by mscorpio » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:35 am

karanseth_2004 wrote:hey , thankx brov

I ll make sure, then i ll do dat
And if it is possible, ask your bank manager to take the print outs for you at the help desk in your branch and signed and stamped.
Also ask your bank now whether they will issue a letter for the bla... bla stuff, coz some banks are not giving these letters at all.

good luck

D1mitry

Post by D1mitry » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:36 pm

karanseth_2004 wrote:hey thankx guys , really appreaciate your help ....

but another problem now m facing is the bank statements. the bank says statements r gona take atleast 8-10 days to reach ma place. I requested them n even said, that i can pay th courier money but i want urgent work , but they refused. :( ....

Need ur help guyz ...................
Karanseth,

as per my separate post, I was faced with the same problem. What you can do in order to solve the problem is to ask for a print out of the past 90 days to be done, all pages STAMPED and DATED and a cover letter confirming your name, account number and the fact that this is the tru likeness of your statement between date 1 and date 2. This should b clear, transparent and convincing. Dont take chances