ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post-Study Visa Refused - Need urgent help in Appealing!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Post-Study Visa Refused - Need urgent help in Appealing!!!

Post by Kev-in » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Hoping someone could help ASAP.
Me and my wife have just had our refusal letter 2 days ago after waiting for 4 months along with the rights to appeal.

1. As i need to visit India urgently to attend my sisters wedding do you think its a wise idea to appeal from within UK or can i appeal on the same grounds from India.

2. Do you think i will stand the same chances of success? as i read somewhere we have limited rights to appeal from outside UK. What to they mean by limited rights??

3. If appealing from within UK do you think its better to send our appeal forms and new documents with new evidence to the AIT(Birmingham) or to the same address where we had applied originally for our Post-study work applicaiotn i.e the PSW department in Durham.

Thanks a ton. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

vinny

Re: Post-Study Visa Refused - Need urgent help in Appealing!

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:38 pm

Kev-in wrote:3. If appealing from within UK do you think its better to send our appeal forms and new documents with new evidence to the AIT(Birmingham) or to the same address where we had applied originally for our Post-study work applicaiotn i.e the PSW department in Durham
How do I lodge an appeal?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rameshnerella
Newly Registered

Post by rameshnerella » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi Kev-in,

I can't give you the advice as i am also in the same situation. but, as far as i know, you should not use the word "New Evidence" as you should not submit new evidence with appeal. you better say "collaborative" - combined evidence proving the authenticity of your previous documents(my solicitor said this) ( i dont know why your visa refused).

if your visa already expired, you better apply from within UK.

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:41 pm

rameshnerella wrote:Hi Kev-in,

I can't give you the advice as i am also in the same situation. but, as far as i know, you should not use the word "New Evidence" as you should not submit new evidence with appeal. you better say "collaborative" - combined evidence proving the authenticity of your previous documents(my solicitor said this) ( i dont know why your visa refused).

if your visa already expired, you better apply from within UK.
Hello Ramesh,
Can I ask when is ur hearing date and wht evidence u are submitting with ur appeal?
Can ur solicitor represent u in court?

THX man

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Thanks for your advice !

Post by Kev-in » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:54 pm

Dear rameshnerella,

You have definitely given me a great tip and any advice is appreciated here as long as it helps everyone , i will make sure i dont use the word 'new evidence'. One very important thing you have pointed out is that i should not be submitting new evidence with appeal. Are we not suppose to send any documents with the appeal form at all?. Please reply back on this as i had planned to send them with the appeal form.

Yes i am applying from the UK .Firstly, my partners visa was refused on the grounds that we did not send the actual certificate since it arrived later, although we sent a letter explaining our situation as requested by the HO but they still refused it and secondly due to maintenance of funds which was shown under my name.

All the best for your application. If the solicitors have told you to re-apply they 'may be' right as they know the law better than us.

Kev-in

vinny

Re: Thanks for your advice !

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Kev-in wrote:One very important thing you have pointed out is that i should not be submitting new evidence with appeal. Are we not suppose to send any documents with the appeal form at all?. Please reply back on this as i had planned to send them with the appeal form.
How do I lodge an appeal? wrote:To lodge an appeal you must return your appeal form together with any additional supporting documentation to us at:

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
PO Box 7866
Loughborough
LE11 2XZ

Fax 01509 221699

You are advised to make copies of the completed form and all documents that support your appeal and keep a copy for yourself.
If 85(4) is applicable, then
an adjudicator may consider evidence about any matter which he thinks relevant to the substance of the decision, including evidence which concerns a matter arising after the date of the decision.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Post by Kev-in » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

To lodge an appeal you must return your appeal form together with any additional supporting documentation to us at:

You are advised to make copies of the completed form and all documents that support your appeal and keep a copy for yourself.

Dear Vinny,

Thanks for pointing this out, i thought as much that you have to send the additional supporting documents with your appeal form. I think i may have misunderstood what rameshnerella said, I guess he meant send the additional documents but dont use the word "new evidence" and just say "collaborative documents".

Much appreciated, Kev-in

A

Post by A » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:22 pm

vinny wrote:
Kev-in wrote:One very important thing you have pointed out is that i should not be submitting new evidence with appeal. Are we not suppose to send any documents with the appeal form at all?. Please reply back on this as i had planned to send them with the appeal form.
How do I lodge an appeal? wrote:To lodge an appeal you must return your appeal form together with any additional supporting documentation to us at:

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
PO Box 7866
Loughborough
LE11 2XZ

Fax 01509 221699

If 85(4) is applicable, then
an adjudicator may consider evidence about any matter which he thinks relevant to the substance of the decision, including evidence which concerns a matter arising after the date of the decision.

ATTENTION!! The Loughborough is NO LONGER the correct address! The Birmingham address is the correct one. This changed as of December this year!

A.

zee40294

Post by zee40294 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 am

I THING IS YOU SHOULD GO HEAD WITH APPEAL PROCESS AND YOU SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY.