ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled visa - ISC issues.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zubair980
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Skilled visa - ISC issues.

Post by Zubair980 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:16 pm

Hi,

I applied skilled visa two months ago. I was on graduate visa. My employer selected wrong category: (graduate in T4/student route). So it didn't ask for ISC fee.
On 4th Oct (Wednesday). I received an email from home office.
Thank you for your priority application for permission to stay in the UK as a skilled worker.

Although we would normally decide your application within five days from the date your biographic information was submitted, unfortunately this has not been possible in your case.

This is because we are currently awaiting confirmation of the requirement for your work sponsor to pay the Immigration Skills charge.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
My employer didn't get any mail from HO. I and my employer are chasing HO but no response from them.

How can we resolve this issue?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled visa - ISC issues.

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:19 am

Zubair980
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Zubair980 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:29 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:19 am
Similar to yours.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/skilled-visa-is ... l#p2128584
Thanks, Reading that thread,

vaj123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vaj123 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:05 pm

Zubair980 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:16 pm
Hi,

I applied skilled visa two months ago. I was on graduate visa. My employer selected wrong category: (graduate in T4/student route). So it didn't ask for ISC fee.
On 4th Oct (Wednesday). I received an email from home office.
Thank you for your priority application for permission to stay in the UK as a skilled worker.

Although we would normally decide your application within five days from the date your biographic information was submitted, unfortunately this has not been possible in your case.

This is because we are currently awaiting confirmation of the requirement for your work sponsor to pay the Immigration Skills charge.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
My employer didn't get any mail from HO. I and my employer are chasing HO but no response from them.

How can we resolve this issue?
Hi any updates on this , seems like I have a similar situation. Were u able to get your visa , since the category was wrong ?

mazaya93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by mazaya93 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:59 pm

Hi all,

I am asked to pay for immigration skill charge for my skilled worker visa extension although my first visa was exempt from paying ISC because I transitioned from student visa holder to skilled worker visa route. My job title is now changed as I have a promotion, but my SOC code remains the same.

Based on the regulation, should I pay or not pay the ISC fee? Thank you!